Purchased a phone in january of 2018 from the boost store, also signed up for the pay as you go $50 unlimited plan. I was assured there was no contracts and no commitments. So february 12th went to tmobil to switch plan. I called boost a d got my account number (after a battle). Tmobile ported my number and set up my account. When they tried to install the new sim card they received a. Error that the phone was locked. I called boost to have them unlock the phone (battle #2). I was put on hold and then had a bunch of numbers called out and call hung up, I assumed they unlocked the phone. Tmobile again tries the sim, a d same msg. I called boost again and was assured my phone was not locked. Again tmobile tries the sim and it did not work. After being at tmobile for over 3 hours we decided that it may take a few hours for the unlock to happen. February 13th, tries phone and still locked. Went to tmobile again tries phone did not work, associate called apple to see if maybe a phone issue? Apple suggested backing up phone
But did not work, called boost again and was told hold not help me, rep at tmobile told he could not do anything else until phone was unlocked. Went home and called boost again, was told and I quote, your phone is not locked. Still cluld not get the phone to accept the tmobile sim card so once again I called boost, after having a 5 minute conversation. I was put on hold and passed off to another boost rep, when I was then told the phone was locked, a x I would have to have an account with boost for 12 months before they would unlock my phone. I asked how they could do this and was told read the policy on the website! So there is no commitment, there is no contract, I own the phone, but I need to read the website to see policy? Wrong!!
1. Why wasn't I told about the 12 month issue the first time I called (or the 2nd or 3rd)?
2. Paid for phone, no contract, no commitment how can they lock my phone?
3. I was paid up till 2/16/18 a d they cut me off monday so they owe me a refund!
4. I have been without a phone since monday due to this issue when though I have been paying for service through tmobile, so boost should refund this also.
The bottom line is I want my phone u locked and boost has no right to hold. Me hostage!!!
Hey there @txshort To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".
Hi txshort! Thanks for reaching out to us. We're glad to help. Boost Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following conditions:
1. The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
2. The device has been active on an account for at least 12 months.
3. Also, you must know the phone number and PIN of the associated account
4. A payment was made in the last 90 days.
5. The device must be inside the Boost Mobile coverage (United States), and it should be on.
To get more details about our unlock policy, please click here. Does your device meet the requirements listed above?
To send a private message, go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message". Thank you. ~AmyM25
We would need to check the coverage in your area. Please send us a private message for further assistance. To send a private message, go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message". Thank you. ~AmyM25