won't unlock phone

Highlighted

won't unlock phone

Purchased a phone in january of 2018 from the boost store, also signed up for the pay as you go $50 unlimited plan. I was assured there was no contracts and no commitments. So february 12th went to tmobil to switch plan. I called boost a d got my account number (after a battle). Tmobile ported my number and set up my account. When they tried to install the new sim card they received a. Error that the phone was locked. I called boost to have them unlock the phone (battle #2). I was put on hold and then had a bunch of numbers called out and call hung up, I assumed they unlocked the phone. Tmobile again tries the sim, a d same msg. I called boost again and was assured my phone was not locked. Again tmobile tries the sim and it did not work. After being at tmobile for over 3 hours we decided that it may take a few hours for the unlock to happen. February 13th, tries phone and still locked. Went to tmobile again tries phone did not work, associate called apple to see if maybe a phone issue? Apple suggested backing up phone 
But did not work, called boost again and was told hold not help me, rep at tmobile told he could not do anything else until phone was unlocked. Went home and called boost again, was told and I quote, your phone is not locked. Still cluld not get the phone to accept the tmobile sim card so once again I called boost, after having a 5 minute conversation. I was put on hold and passed off to another boost rep, when I was then told the phone was locked, a x I would have to have an account with boost for 12 months before they would unlock my phone. I asked how they could do this and was told read the policy on the website! So there is no commitment, there is no contract, I own the phone, but I need to read the website to see policy? Wrong!!
1. Why wasn't I told about the 12 month issue the first time I called (or the 2nd or 3rd)?
2. Paid for phone, no contract, no commitment how can they lock my phone?
3. I was paid up till 2/16/18 a d they cut me off monday so they owe me a refund!
4. I have been without a phone since monday due to this issue when though I have been paying for service through tmobile, so boost should refund this also. 
The bottom line is I want my phone u locked and boost has no right to hold. Me hostage!!!

82 REPLIES 82
Highlighted
Accomplice

Is this private use?
Highlighted

You are still sending a public message. Did you follow the instructions provided?

Highlighted
Accomplice
Highlighted

Please send us a private message through here or Facebook or Twitter.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Is this private?
Highlighted

Please follow these steps: To send a private message, click on my profile name then click 'Send this user a private message' on the right just below 'Contact me'.

Highlighted
Accomplice

This is way too difficult, how do I terminate my Bost service
Highlighted

Please send us a private message through here or Facebook or Twitter.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Here is a post I left on the message board. It says everything
I feel your pain. I was a Sprint/ Virgin Mobile client for many years before I was dumped to Boost. We live in a very rural area and I started having issues regarding poor or no service. I went to a local Boost store and was told my phone (Galaxy S7)was old and that was my problem. The guy said if I bought a Boost brand phone, the issues would be resolved. I bought a new Galaxy A20, (which shows Virgin every time it starts) but it was just new day same crap. Still horrible service. I have to drive down the road to send a text with a pic or make a call that won't drop after 2 minutes. Called Boost and asked for my fully paid phone to be unlocked. Got the lame tired excuse about having to be in network for a year. I asked if the agreement mentioned anything about Boost actually providing coverage so I could use the phone they tricked me into buying, but the rep wouldn't budge. She finally told me that if I called Samsung, my useless phone could be unlocked. This turned out to be a blatant lie, as Samsung couldn't help me. So....stuck with a paperweight and no service for a year until the liars at Boost will allow me to go to a carrier that provides service to my area. If Boost is going to lean on the 12 month crap, there should be a reciprocal agreement that Boost PROVIDES SERVICE TO MY AREA. Can't wait to switch to a reputable, ethical carrier. DH
Highlighted
Accomplice

Any idea how to send a private message? I tap the agent's name and get sent a list of the agent activity