won't unlock phone

Highlighted

won't unlock phone

Purchased a phone in january of 2018 from the boost store, also signed up for the pay as you go $50 unlimited plan. I was assured there was no contracts and no commitments. So february 12th went to tmobil to switch plan. I called boost a d got my account number (after a battle). Tmobile ported my number and set up my account. When they tried to install the new sim card they received a. Error that the phone was locked. I called boost to have them unlock the phone (battle #2). I was put on hold and then had a bunch of numbers called out and call hung up, I assumed they unlocked the phone. Tmobile again tries the sim, a d same msg. I called boost again and was assured my phone was not locked. Again tmobile tries the sim and it did not work. After being at tmobile for over 3 hours we decided that it may take a few hours for the unlock to happen. February 13th, tries phone and still locked. Went to tmobile again tries phone did not work, associate called apple to see if maybe a phone issue? Apple suggested backing up phone 
But did not work, called boost again and was told hold not help me, rep at tmobile told he could not do anything else until phone was unlocked. Went home and called boost again, was told and I quote, your phone is not locked. Still cluld not get the phone to accept the tmobile sim card so once again I called boost, after having a 5 minute conversation. I was put on hold and passed off to another boost rep, when I was then told the phone was locked, a x I would have to have an account with boost for 12 months before they would unlock my phone. I asked how they could do this and was told read the policy on the website! So there is no commitment, there is no contract, I own the phone, but I need to read the website to see policy? Wrong!!
1. Why wasn't I told about the 12 month issue the first time I called (or the 2nd or 3rd)?
2. Paid for phone, no contract, no commitment how can they lock my phone?
3. I was paid up till 2/16/18 a d they cut me off monday so they owe me a refund!
4. I have been without a phone since monday due to this issue when though I have been paying for service through tmobile, so boost should refund this also. 
The bottom line is I want my phone u locked and boost has no right to hold. Me hostage!!!

82 REPLIES 82
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there. Please view the following link regarding our unlocking policy: https://www.boostmobile.com/about/legal/ctia-regulatory.html

The time frame for unlocking an eligible device is 3-5 days. Please note: Unlocking request are submitted by the agents through different channels to complete the request. For this reason we inform the customer 3-5 days.

If you receive an email indicating your phone will be " unlocked within a few hours" allow at least 24 hours.

Victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

Can I try to have this unlocked again. It’s been 3 months since we tried to unlock our phone
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there Dustinp. Please send us a private message and we will look into it. Victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

I replied to a previous message to you with the meie and pin. Do you need anything else?
Highlighted
Agent

Hi Dustinp. That was posted in public view and it was deleted to protect your account. You would need to contact us through a private message with the information. Victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

Ok, thanks. I’ll send a private message
Highlighted
Accomplice

Victor please share with the rest of your sprint/boost co-workers about how replacement phones from Apple does does not start the previous device tenure over. A lady that goes by April E. notified me by email yesterday morning that my iPhone x would be unlocked within a few hours. 24 hours later still nothing. I call boost, and speak to a rep that says he's escalating my case, he comes back and says the escalation department said your phone will be unlocked in a couple hours. He says he will call me back when my phone is unlocked. Well one hour later i received another email from April E. stating my phone is not eligible to be unlocked because I have not had it activated for more than 356 days.

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, Wigs419! Allow me to investigate this. Please send me a Private Message with the phone number, PIN, and the device IMEI. 

Highlighted
Groupie

Same here! I tried yo switch my phone to T-mobile, so they tried the sim card in store and I was told my phone was locked and I had to call Boost to unlock it. I called Boost and the rep told me I met the requirements, so he had unlocked it and it could take up to 48 hours to successfully unlock. I said okay. 48 hours go by so I go in to T-mobile again, they try the SIM and it still doesn’t work so I call Boost again. This time the rep told me I didn’t meet the requirements. After I told him I previously called, he told me it could take up to 72 hours to successfully unlock and somebody would call me when it is to confirm. I said ok. 72 hours go by so I go to T-mobile again, they try the SIM once again and IT STILL DOESN'T WORK! At this point i’m getting frustrated. I call Boost mobile right there in the T-mobile store. This time a rep tells me it could take up to 3-5 DAYS! So, I continue pointless conversation for 2 minutes and it was obviousy going nowhere, So I give the phone to the T-mobile rep and they talked for a while. Basically the T-mobile rep’s goal was to get ahold of the confirmation email or something to confirm that the device was successfully unlocked, but the Boost mobile rep just kept making excuses. “We can’t give you that information.” “We can’t do that.” We get nowhere, the t-mobile rep says he can’t help me until the phone is unlocked. Then I go in store and the Boost mobile representative IN THE STORE calls the customer service line and even he doesn’t understand why the SIM card wasn’t working if it was “unlocked.” I talk to the customer service line for the final time and his final answer was that (and I quote) “IT WASN’T OUR PROBLEM ANYMORE, CALL T-MOBILE.” I meet all the requirements to have my phone unlocked. Bottom line, they customer service is garbage and they tell me something different every time I call up there. They need to unlock my phone cause ITS MINE! I paid for it in full. Got me wasting gas driving back and forth to Boost and T-mobile. Out here scamming people. Nobody got time for that. Then they wonder why everybody tryna switch. I’m ready call corporate.
Highlighted

So sorry to hear about this experience, kia806. We want to help! Please send me a private message with your phone number, PIN number and IMEI number. 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".