swapping device - use new or old SIM?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

swapping device - use new or old SIM?

I bought an unlocked iPhone SE from Apple. I've backed up and restored my existing iPhone 5s to the iPhone SE.  I bought a SIM card from the Boost store (SIMOLW506C).  I want to change my service & phone number to the new iPhone SE.  Then, I plan on giving the old 5s to my son to activate with a new phone number.  Should I use the new SIM in the iPhone SE or should I swap in the old SIM?  (The old/existing SIM comes from an Unlocked Virgin Mobile/Sprint SIM that I ported over to Boost a few months ago.)

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: swapping device - use new or old SIM?

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out. It is always recommended to use the new SIM card, as the old one is already assigned to an specific device. Keep in mind that our SIMs do not store any customer's personal information. 

Enthusiast

OK, thanks.

Now, I've got the new SIM in the new phone.  When I try to swap phones, the website says "This device is not eligible to swap."  Can you help?

Agent

Yes, I'd be happy to help you. Please send me a Private Message with your phone number, PIN, the device's IMEI and SIM card number.

Enthusiast

I as well need help with the same. It says device is not eligible. But I also dont have a new sim
Agent

Hi, MommynbabyZ. Thanks for contacting us. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private messages.