Go to solution
Accomplice

swap to iPhone 8 - sim card & IMEI issues

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Re: swap to iPhone 8 - sim card & IMEI issues

Hi, Splucked. Did you enter the phone ID on the website to get a compatible SIM card? 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Accomplice

sorry about that.  cat+keyboard=chaos

I'm currently using a 6 yr old Galaxy S4. It has a lot of issues and I'm dying to get rid of it.  My brother just gave me an old iPhone 8 and said it's unlocked.

First problem
My GS4. It has a micro sim. The iPhone takes a nano so I can't switch sims.  Do I need to buy a Boost sim for the iPhone 8 or can I get just any sim card?

Second Problem
The Boostmobile website will not accept the iPhone serial, IMEI or IMED. The resulting error msg is

db_no_data_found_exception-Client.701:089233818509897232 is not found in NMS

Data not found

I'm lost and could really use some help. 

Accomplice

UPDATE

It's now letting past the IMEI fields. but it's telling me that the SIM ICCID doesn't match the iPhone's ICCID.  

Highlighted
Agent

Hi, Splucked. Did you enter the phone ID on the website to get a compatible SIM card? 

View solution in original post

Accomplice

Hi Melissa,

Initially, I didn't have the purchase option. It fed me a screen explaining that my iPhone might be locked ... etc.

Tried again a  few minutes ago and got to where I needed to be.  SIM has been ordered so I'm all set for now.   🙂

Agent

That’s so good to hear! If you have any other question or concern, just let us know.

Accomplice

Hi Melissa,

Just wanted to follow up.

Received new SIM today. Popped it in the iPhone, logged into my Boost acct & swapped devices in seconds. 

Don't think I would have found the right SIM without your help. 

Can't thank you enough.