I have been with Boost for years on family plane. However recently went to transfer Grandsons Iphone to another carrier due to poor service where they live, he needs his phone as he cares for siblings why Mother works. So now i am being told his Iphone is locked and his mom paid for this phone in full at the Boost Store. So now he has not phone so if there is an emergency he is stuck. I have called customer service line, visited the store, no help.
Hello, Tari. There are some requirements to unlock a device:
-The device has not been reported as lost or stolen
-The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months
-The device must be powered on and in Sprint coverage with the original SIM card inserted.
When we purchased this phone, we were never told of this at the Hasting MI Boost Store. I have been a Boost Customer for years and never told that when i had service with Boost the phones would be locked for a period of time. So in the meantime, my grandson has a phone that is now a paper weight, and no way to contact anyone if there is an emergency while at home carrying for siblings while mother is at work. Had I know the phone would be locked i would not have changed carriers. So now he either goes without phone, or we come up with money to get a neew phone.
I purchased a new iphone 11 from boost online and it had a faulty hardware where it started glitching. when contacting Boost, they stated they couldn't fix it and to contact Apple Care. We contacted Apple Care multiple times and over a period of a month of ownership the glitching got so bad you couldn't see fonts, words and it was getting worse. we were given a replacement new iphone 11 by Apple Care.
Here's where the nightmare begins.
1. Get new iphone replacement next day -
2. Insert Boost Mobile Sim Card into new iphone that Apple configured per Boost's specs
3. After about 60 seconds of the inserted Sim Card - Sim card error, "The sim card has locked. Please power cycle or contact Customer Support." - we powered off/on. Same error, and second error "Sim card failure".
4. Removed/re-insert sim/power off/.on - same errors.
5. Contacted Boost Customer Support from hell...
6. Spoke to about 8 different Customer Support staff and supervisors - in one day - timeo on phone 4 hours
7. Told the iphone is incompatible with their system and Apple has to "unlock" Boost sim card
8. Contacted Apple and explained to them what was told to me. Apple was in shock and stated the iphone is configured with Boost's sim card. - apple did analysis and found no issues with hardware/cellular/mobile.
9. Reset to factory settings - same issue
10. It's now on third week of a brand new iphone 11 that i paid Boost in full for with zero service. Only credit i got was $10 -- ?? which i'm not paying a dime for a service NOT RECEIVED or repaired.
11. For 8 days i asked for a "Manager/Director" anyone in charge - I asked for a ticket to be created and was told they don't create tickets. I asked for someone with a technical background / and engineer since I am a Sys Engineer .
12. I went to a Boost Mobile Store nearest to me and they put a "compatible new sim card" that failed. Then they tried to a brand new
sim card, to add us to the "new faster network" (t-mobile) and port a new phone number. My phone number locked the bridge at the store and all attempts to get the iphone working for 2.5 hours -failed. 1 Store Owner/Manager, with the assistance of their Technical Support -attempts failed. I was told the "SKU" were not working and they tried to scan the iphone 11 and all failed! I was told this is a "known issue" they have been having for approximately 6 months with iphone 11 and newer and newer Samsung SE, The Owner was just as frustrated as me and told me to contact the "Retention Department" but there is "NO RETENTION DEPT" per Customer Support. I told the Store Owner and he said yes they do - I asked for Corporate or Back Office and told I can not contact them.
13. AFter getting transferred about 5 times, I finally got a Supervisor who transferred me to their "Technical Support" who knew what the issue was and created a Ticket and told me he would call back and that they are working on the issue. I waited 2 days for a call back and no call back!!!
14. Finally, get to a supervisor who contacts Technical Support with my ticket number and was told that they could not fix my issue on their system and to contact Apple - i asked what is apple supposed to do and the answer i got was "we dont know but your iphone is incompatible with our system and we cant fix it" and transferred me to apple without letting me know they were transferring me. I already have a ticket opened with Apple -- so now Apple added more to the ticket - wiped iphone to factory settings. Resetting didnt work again. Same error with sim card.
Now apple is upset and took my ticket to a higher level of engineering. I was told that they will be contacting Boost or Sprint to find out why a brand new iphone that was configured with Boost specs and configurations and they can't resolve their own issue!!
Here's the issue -- Boost incompetence and lack of knowledge of mobile technology is the reasons for locked sim cards. They are selling phones they cannot support nor unlock their own sim cards which has been an ongoing issue due their SKU database which has corruption and unable to restore. Then they switched to their "new Dish/TMobile" network knowing they have issues with the old one - Sprint and i believe due to negligence and not backing up their stuff prior to switching over and keeping it in place knowing they were selling new phones with sim cards that will have issues.
No resolution to day and no offers and only a $10 credit on my account which I have $90 on there and I am not going to pay for service that is not working! I want answers and a resolution and no more being transferred to Customer Support who have zero knowledge, training, and tools to support their Customers! believe if their Corporate Office new how their system is not working for iphones they sell and their staff is not trained nor have the tools to support the phones they sell unless they are older and on the new system.
I would like a call back from Boost Corporate Office Management only at this point. I am no longer interested in remaining as a customer at this time and only want a full refund and will return the phones or unlock the paid in full iphones so I can move on to a reliable Carrier who can provide support when needed and not be a victim of Boost's not able to support their own system and leaving Customers with nothing but a phone that is locked and cant be used!
I want a working iphone 11 that i paid in full and my account is good.
Apple is working with me and supposedly working with Boost and again -- Apple is not a "carrier and does not unlock carrier sim cards nor do they supply them". .. as someone told me. Boost owns and operates their own sim cards!!
At this point of frustration - i no longer want Boost as my carrier and want both iphones i purchased unlocked so I can move on to a new carrier that i will get the support and able to speak to someone who has the knowledge and skills required to support iphones!
I dread calling the Customer Service and have been told by two store owners they will bring this up on their end and they have but i am still without a working brand new iphone 11 - which boost refuses to unlock!! Here in the United States, FCC has ruled as long as the iphone is paid off - by law you have to unlock the phone!! and in my case - i have a locked iphone with a incompatible sim card that no one can fix and never sent a compatible one or provided any solution to my phone. b
I want answers and a solution!! NO MORE RUN AROUND/HUNG UP ON/TRANSFERRED AROUND/TECHNICAL SUPPORT WHO IS HAS ZERO MOBILE Engineering training -- this whole situaton could have been avoided - i would have sent you the iphone for replacement by Boost or replaced a compatible sim card but NONE of this has been offered - i just get lied to and zero help!
I hope someone in Dish Network who is in a Management / Director/CEO positon will read these forums and others outside of boost of thousands of Customers in the same boat!!!! I paid for a service and iphone in full and i expected the same treatment back!
You wont have a happy satisfied customer when you lie and cheated me out of my money by selling me 2 faulty iphone 11s and no resolution to your own Boost Sim card that locked and incompatible with your own system. . This is internal issue and should be seamless to your customers and I should not be without a iphone with no service!
Hello, @jaded-916. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us today. We're truly sorry for the inconvenience. Allow us the chance to assist you. Could you please send us a private message to further assist you. We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M.
@jaded-916. We definitely want to look into this for you. Please, send us a private message to assist you further. To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".