need help with whitelisting factory unlocked iPhone replacement from Apple store

Go to solution
Highlighted
Not applicable

need help with whitelisting factory unlocked iPhone replacement from Apple store

Hi there, I am a Virgin Mobile inner circle member and have to replace the phone on my account with a replacement unlocked iPhone SE provided by the Apple store. There is problem activating and replacing my new iPhone SE on my Virgin account from the Apple Store. The Apple store took 30 minutes to troubleshoot with me and confirmed that the ESN of my replacement phone works with all carriers and is on sprint's whitelist but for some reason Virgin mobile's whitelist is having issues recognizing the ESN. I was told by the apple store to contact Virgin mobile to add my ESN to Virgin mobile's whitelist for activation Please help me fix this- What a pain!!! 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Not applicable

Issue is all solved thanks to tier 2 escalations whitelisting my iphone se MEID ESN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, ultrasoul! Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue. We want to help! Can you private message us with your phone number, pin code and IMEI of the phone that you want to activate so we can take a closer look?

Highlighted
Not applicable

I just sent you a PM. Thanks for helping to work with Techncial support to whitelist my replacement unlocked phone from Apple store

Highlighted
Agent

Thank you! We appreciate it. We will continue assisting you through private messages.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Issue is all solved thanks to tier 2 escalations whitelisting my iphone se MEID ESN

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

I have this exact same issue.  I tried to go through the customer service line via phone, and told the CSR that I needed the IMEI for my new refurbished iPhone to be whitelisted on the Virgin Mobile network.  I even told him that my case needs to be escalated to a Tier 2 CSR.

Hours later, he called back to tell me that they were unable to solve the problem, and that I will need to return the refurbished phone to the Apple store and get one that is compatible with the Sprint/Virgin Network.  Since iPhone 6 handsets are both GSM and CDMA compatible, they are all "compatible" with Sprint/Virgin--I even called Apple to verify!

Please add a feature to the "myaccount.virginmobileusa.com" portal under "swap my device" that will allow customers to submit a ticket for this specific issue if they are trying to swap to a refurbished iPhone!  I've been phone-less for 24 hours now and have to start all over hoping to get a CSR that will actually listen to me!

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @britishtar We're sorry to hear that. Please send us a private message with the MEID/DEC number of the new phone. We'll do our very best to assist you!