iphone se sim card frustration

Highlighted
Not applicable

iphone se sim card frustration

i ordered a virgin mobile iphone se from ebay, in used condition. 

I contacted Virgin Mobile, and they are sending me a SIMOLW416C in 3-5 business days.  However, since I am anxious to get my SE working, I purchased a SIMOLW506C locally, as research indicated it would work, specifically a post from Madra here.  However, Virgin is unable to activate the sim, neither on website or over the phone.  The phone passes the Virgin check, because I can activate it using the ICCID number on the box, however I do not have that sim/wasn't included in the box.  Is there any way to get this 506C activated?  or do I just need to wait for the 416C?

Thanks,

Jacob

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Re: iphone se sim card frustration

Hey there, @jaco8421! Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that the SIM card you purchased will work; however, we can give it a try. Please provide us the phone number, the PIN, the IMEI #, and the SIM card ID via a private message.

To send a private message, you can click on my username, and the option to send a private message will display.

Thanks.

Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @jeffc .  At this point, I will just wait two more days, and see how the Virgin issued sim works.  Since I live in a big city, I guess I enjoy tracking down solutions to my problems in what I consider a timely manner.  I like the challenge.  But I took the sim back to the store already, so will see what happens Wednesday.

Highlighted
Agent

Understood. Thanks for letting us know. Do not hesitate to contact us as soon as you receive your card, so we can further help. We are  here at your service!