iphone Xr activation problem

Highlighted
Agent

Re: iphone Xr activation problem

Hi. Thanks for contacting us. We want to help. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with a brief description of your request.

Enthusiast

Just as a heads up, I purchased a brand new Iphone XR from the Boost website. After swapping the phone, it gave a notice stating “phew that was easy your phone is ready”, but I could not make any phone calls and my data did not work. I also noticed I was under the “Sprint” network and not the “Boost” network. Again, when I tried the “Phone swap” online i then received a message that said, “this device cannot be swapped” even though earlier it had stated it was done. All I did was pop out the SIM card from the IPhone XR and I shuffled it around and reinserted it. A message then appeared on my phone stating, “Your Iphone has been activated”. I also noticed I was under the “Boost” network and not “Sprint”. It seems like a lot of customers are having this issue, hopefully someone from Boost looks into this as it appears they have really poor customer service. I wouldn’t be surprised if this overlooked issue was an insidious sales tactic of some sort, maybe to get people to switch over to Sprint (Sprint owns Boost) and then one would pay $10-$20 more a month for service. Anyway hopefully this helps!
Agent

Hi Fabian230! Thanks for contacting us. We're glad that your phone is working now. Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. We'll make sure to pass it on. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Groupie

Th
Groupie

Thanks so much for posting this ! They took forever to send my SIM card and when it finally came I spent TWO HOURS on the phone with multiple reps who could not activate the SIM . One even told me they would have to mail me another one !!! I finally was able to speak with someone in TS & I told them the exact words you said to say and they had my SIM activated within 10 minutes !