iphone Xr activation problem

Agent

Re: iphone Xr activation problem

Unfortunately, that's the only way. If they are unable to activate it, we won't be able to assist you through here. 

Accomplice

Enthusiast

Thanks!  I will try again and see if I can reach someone who can actually help

Groupie

You did great work getting this done. I used to be a supervisor at a local *ahem* fruit company's "Brilliant Table," if you catch my drift. If there was one thing that any tech hated doing and loved pawning off on their peers was calling Boost to complete device swaps.

At the Fruit Company's store, we had Boost customers come in for service just as we did for all the other major carriers. What was nice for all the carriers is that moving a SIM card was enough to make the switch, even with Sprint. But Boost was the dreaded carrier that literally no employee liked to deal with. Not only did they give our techs immense amounts of pushback, but they'd also help throw the Geni... *ahem* Brilliant Table behind by keeping a tech away from their next appointment to argue on the phone. The Fruit Company even has an internal article describing how to get this done as efficiently as possible, though not in any way efficient. More often than not, we'd get bad, ill-informed Boost tech support agents. We learned quickly to just hang up on those people as soon as we caught any whiff of opposition and would just call back to get someone else. Sometimes it could take up to 5 times to get someone on the phone who just "got it," knowing what we needed and would get it done. The process could either be immediate or could take up to 48 hours.

Now, I've been separated from this fruit company for a couple years as I type. But if my memory serves me well, most unlocked iPhone MEIDs and IMEIs aren't known by Boost, so Boost automatically rejects them - this includes replacements issued by the ...Brilliant Table. For example, your Boost phone lost reception so they issued you a replacement. However, the replacement shows as incompatible and Boost is now telling you to go exchange it for one that is (which it doesn't work that way at ...the "Fruit Company". That being said, Sprint's database is up to speed with MEIDs and IMEIs. So we always had great success telling (a good) Boost tech support agent that we needed to move a Sprint MEID to Boost. That usually would provide the fix and would be done relatively quickly, more often than not.

Accomplice

Yup sounds like bad management at Boost at least from a Customer Service perspective. Just hang up until you get someone good. It hurts but so true. I wonder when someone in management will look at this thread and wake up.
Accomplice

When will 128GB iPhone XR be restocked?
Agent

Hello, @Kinah. Thanks for contacting us. No news on that yet, but keep checking our site for updates.

Accomplice

Okay thank you! It’s been out of stock for a while then earlier it had one color available. Not sure why but within a second of me clicking it, it said error then no longer was available for purchase.
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. If you have any other question, just let us know. We remain at your service.

Enthusiast

i just had the same issue ...  i went through a week long nightmare trying to activate a phone . first i was told that i needed to buy a sim pack once i purchased it i was told that my phone wasn't compatible with the network and that i should return my phone to the apple  store . After arguing with the rep  her supervisor she agreed to refund my money in the form of a credit . Next I decided to port my number and leave boost because it only makes sense to if they cant provide service  only to find out that universal unlocked phones lock to the whatever  provider  sim which is inserted in the phone first.  finally after arguing and fighting with these people for exactly a week to unlock my device  i'm informed that all i needed was  a specific sprint virgin mobile sim to activate .. I bought it and it activated my phone within minutes with no problem.  heres the funny part, the refund i was issued because of the misinformation given by the agent for the cost of the sim pack was cancelled and they refused to reissue it. i explained to the supervisor that i ported out of the company because if the misinformation given by his agent and his response was along the line of " too bad you shouldn't have left the company." if you want accurate information bypass the phone customer service reps and demand to speak to technical support  i spoke to at least 20 of them over the course of a week and maybe one had common sense or any type of critical thinking skills . when you ask for tech support they will assure you that they can help or handle you issue but they will only ask you the same questions over and over and you will continuously hit a dead end. the ph cs agents are the worst and really need training on the products and services offered by the company they work for.

good luck. 

@yjoo wrote:

I purchased a unlocked iphone Xr from Apple store, but when I called to activate it the represent said my phone is not compatible with Boost mobile. Why is that?  Apple said the unlocked iphone is compatible with any service providers.

I checked with other Sprint network service provider websites, all of them said the new phone is compatible with their service.