iphone 6 plus not eliglible to swap?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

iphone 6 plus not eliglible to swap?

I tried installing the boost sim from my kids busted Samsung J7 into a old iphone 6 plus I had laying around. I am getting a "This device not eligible to swap" message when I enter the IEMI for the unlocked device. What am I missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Yes. When you purchase a new phone from our website it also comes with a new SIM card that is not attached to the account. All phones must be used with the SIM card included, and unlocked phones must use one of our universal SIM cards from the BYOD program. The activation process has three different options: activating a new line with a new number, porting a number from a different carrier, or activating a new phone using an existing Boost Mobile account and number. 

If you want assistance with the activation you can also send me a private message at any time (after you get the SIM card), and we can complete the activation for you. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there mynameisjeff. Thank you for contacting us. Is the old phone an actual Boost mobile phone or an unlock device from another carrier. Your old sim card would not work on the iPhone. You would need to get a new sim card for the phone. Victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

Unlocked device from another carrier. So I need a new sim?

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there! Yes. You can complete the Bring your own device program to activate the phone and purchase a SIM card here.

Highlighted
Accomplice

What are my options if I want to keep my current number and billing intact?

Highlighted
Agent

The phone numbers and accounts are not bound to the SIM card on our network. When you activate the phone, the new SIM card will automatically keep your number and plan. Just make sure that you select the options for existing customers during activation. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

So it will keep the Boost mobile number that he already has?

So for clarity:

Order new BYOD SIM

Activate new SIM in old iphone

Billing stays intact with old phone number from busted Samsung J7

Highlighted
Agent

Yes. When you purchase a new phone from our website it also comes with a new SIM card that is not attached to the account. All phones must be used with the SIM card included, and unlocked phones must use one of our universal SIM cards from the BYOD program. The activation process has three different options: activating a new line with a new number, porting a number from a different carrier, or activating a new phone using an existing Boost Mobile account and number. 

If you want assistance with the activation you can also send me a private message at any time (after you get the SIM card), and we can complete the activation for you. 

View solution in original post