iPhone Xr IMEI issues

Groupie

Re: iPhone Xr IMEI issues

Yeah bro trust me this is what you need to do, remove the sim card boost sent you, sign out of i cloud and turn off find my iPhone. Then go to reset and do esrase all data and setting Wich will make your phone like as if it was brand new, then call virgin Mobile and act like your a new customer and you want to add you're new BYOD iPhone to their Network , give them the both imei the physical and the digital one you'll see then in the setting and then about, they will first say your phone is not compatible then tell them to add you imei to the database and within 24 hours you can go back to the boost website and it will take it
Groupie

I just spent 2 day's getting nowhere with support.  If they can't get my phone online (which activates but then says sim card locked) I guess i am going to have to start looking at different providers.  Which is sad since we have been with boost for a while and liked them but to be told go buy the XR from us when then don't sell a 128GB version is a bit ridiculous.  Especially since I entered the device id in the check you device web page and it says yup it's compatible and it even took my old phone off set up my new phone but then the system says sim card locked and they can't simply unlock it?

Agent

Sorry to hear about this experience, pappabees. We want to help. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. 

Groupie

Well lucky for you you have the option of going to a Different carrier. In my case boost mobile is the only company that has good reception over where I live next to the mountains and so I had no other choice it was either make it work or return the phone XR to Apple and cancel the whole thing altogether, Now listen carefully to me you spent a few days on this I spent over four weeks and I will tell you how I resolve this issue plain and simple forget about boost Mobile they will lead you around in circles for the rest of your life . call virgin mobile wireless which is a contractor under Sprint just like boost Mobile tell them you would like to register your iPhone XR to work with the network, They will register your IMEI And the new iPhone database which will automatically allow boost mobile to work on your phone so just call virgin mobile and tell them you want to activate your iPhone to work on the network they will help you get it trust me
Enthusiast

So how exactly do i do that? wouldn't they want me to pay for a plan before the fully activate my imei?

We’d be happy to help, but we could use more info. What’s going on, miguelcortez19?

Groupie

We'll see when boost Mobile sent me the sim card it kept coming in a virgin Mobile labeled package, so I got so desperate I ended up calling virgin and telling them I have their sim and I want to activate my phone on a plan with boost bust it's not eorking, virgin Mobile is a partner to boost and they will activate your phone in their database witch will make the imei work on the boost website when u want to resgiter your own xr , just call them hope this helps