iPhone Xr IMEI issues

Groupie

iPhone Xr IMEI issues

I purchased two iPhone Xr phones from the local Apple store in the mall.  One of them, I was told that the IMEI number said the phone was not compatible.  Then we used the Digital SIM IMEI number, found in the About screen of the iPhone Xr--that IMEI worked. Then,  I put in the sim card from the iPhone 6 phone that my daughter was currently using with Boost Mobile. Boost said the sim card was not compatible.  I went back to the Apple store and got another sim card, Boost said that one was not compatible. I then went back to the Apple store and got another sim card.  Boost ciouldn't get the sim card to work either.  Boost has now started a 72 hour process, where Boost will send me another sim card that should work.  I am  waiting on the SIM. 

I purchased two phone iPhone Xr's that day.  The 2nd one, Boost is saying that the IMEI is showing the phone is not compatible with Boost moblile, they have 3 times transferred to Apple Care, Boost has told me that Apple may have sent me a refurbished phone that where the IMEI was leased to someone else.  Apple care has told me that there are no issues with the IMEI and that the phone was brand new when I purchased it and that it is unlocked and will work with any carrier.  Apple care has agreed to do a 3-way call so that they can speak directly  with Boost. I am trying to that but keep getting hung up on. 

HELP!

10 REPLIES 10
Agent

Re: iPhone Xr IMEI issues

Hey there @jnlancer Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.

II had the same exact issue you see boost mobile keeps asking me for a digital Imei but it’s not correct they need the physical Imei, And so I called them and they sent me a Sim card and it still didn’t work they were saying my phone said locked Sim lock and sim failed  I had to call virgin mobile and give the IMEI FOR my iPhone EXR and the activated it and then I was able to put it on boost mobile website and swap devices so go to virgin mobile and activate the imei I spent months trying to fix this problem and this is how we solved it trust me call virgin mobile and tell them you want to activate your imei for your new iPhone XR

Groupie

We went to the Apple store and the Apple sales person called Boost mobile support and Boost was able to change the SKU on the IMEI number. One of my daughter's phones is now working. Boost Mobile alsinhas to take "auto roaming" off our plan becaise the iPhone Xr is not compatible with "auto roaming".
Groupie

@Joy1713 am having the seem problem. I brought the phone from the apple store unlocked. First boost said it was the sims card. Just got new SIM card yesterday took to boost store. Now their saying it’s not compatible. However I see a lot of articles are here they say there’s a way boost can make the phone Compatible. Please help
Groupie

Could you assist me having the same problems
Agent

Hi there TayG. Thanks for the reaching out. Please send me a Private Message with the IMEI and SIM number. Let us take a look. 

Groupie

I don’t know how to private message you on here
Agent

I am sorry, I forgot to mentioned that. To send us a Private Message, click on my user name and at the right side of the pane you will see the option to send a private message.

Groupie

Just messaged you