iPhone XR

Enthusiast

Re: iPhone XR

The exact same thing happened to me then i was told after inserting the sim that it was not compatible.  Next i tried to activate on another carrier only to be told that the unlocked XR phs actually  lock to whatever sim is inserted into the phone first .  I cant activated this phone with anyone but sprint now . I even tried to call boost and  have the agent use a the analysis tool they refused and told me that he couldn't do anything else . I am pissed and plan to contact the Better Business Bureau because i feel that this sprint carrier lock should be able to be removed if the company can not provide a service. my phone is literally a paper weight now. Any luck with your situation?

@Miguel7 wrote:
I bought a new iPhone XR from the apple store under the carrier sprint. I swapped my old device iPhone 6s to the iPhone XR so I could get service on the XR. I bought a boost SIM card ,waited till it came and still it’s telling me invalid sim. Can someone please help it’s been almost a month since I got the phone and cannot get service on it

Agent

Hi there, wgreen. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with cell phone. 

We'll be happy to help.  Please, send us a private message with the IMEI or DEC to have a look. 

I found out that you need a specific SIM card for the newer versions of iPhone and Samsungs. You need to find and buy the SIM card with the part number SIMOLW516TQ. This one will definitely work on your iPhone XR. Hope this helped.
Enthusiast

I believe you have to order you Iphone xr from apple unlocked. Do not connect with sprint at the apple store online.