iPhone XR

Accomplice

iPhone XR

I bought a new iPhone XR from the apple store under the carrier sprint. I swapped my old device iPhone 6s to the iPhone XR so I could get service on the XR. I bought a boost SIM card ,waited till it came and still it’s telling me invalid sim. Can someone please help it’s been almost a month since I got the phone and cannot get service on it
41 REPLIES 41
Accomplice

Re: iPhone XR

I’ve been to a boost store about 4 times and they couldn’t get it working either
Agent

So sorry to hear about this experience, Miguel7. We want to help! Please send us a private message so we can investigate what's happening. 

Groupie

I bought an iPhone XR a week ago from Best Buy and successfully swapped it out for my Galaxy 7. I loved the phone so much I bought the same one for my wife who also had a Galaxy. She took it into Best Buy to activate it today but spent an hour with the agent trying and ultimately failing to. They called Boost customer service and they were also unable to activate the phone. I redoubled their efforts and called Boost customer service. The agent said the unlocked phone had to be “saved” - which he did, telling me I could then activate via the website but this too has failed. Seems like this is a known problem?
Accomplice

Yeah it took me about a month to get all the things sorted out but I ended up having to call boost ask them to send me a new sim compatible for the XR, have them activate it before you put it into the phone, then put the sim in and call the number to update carrier settings. but I guess they got to do something on their part so the phone could start going through the update carrier settings because every time I called the number to do update carrier settings it never worked till a boost support person did something which made the phone work. Hope you get it fixed this is ridiculous I nearly waited a month
Enthusiast

all new Iphones don;t work properly on boost mobile.

double check before buy it, if is something wrong send it back to get your money back, you have just 7 days.

if you call boost mobile don;t believe what they said, just send the phone back, otherwise, at the time you find out after all the boostmobile lies, is already to late to get your money.

I have a Xs Max as a door stop, because new Iphone don't work on boost

@Miguel7 wrote:
I bought a new iPhone XR from the apple store under the carrier sprint. I swapped my old device iPhone 6s to the iPhone XR so I could get service on the XR. I bought a boost SIM card ,waited till it came and still it’s telling me invalid sim. Can someone please help it’s been almost a month since I got the phone and cannot get service on it

Accomplice

Then how come I have the iPhone XR on boost and bought it as a sprint phone from the Apple store and brought it to boost
Groupie

Thanks for sharing your story man. It turns out that Best Buy sold us the wrong Sim card. We got a new one and everything is fine.
Accomplice

To activate an iPhone XR on Boost you have to have Customer Seevice transfer you to Tech Support, give them the IMEI number (primary, not the IMEI2 / digit SIM) and have them reprogram your phone using the “device network analysis tool”. See this link for the steps I took:
https://community.boostmobile.com/t5/iPhone/iphone-Xr-activation-problem/m-p/81015/highlight/true#M7...
Groupie

See post above Robot Happy