iPhone XR

Accomplice

Re: iPhone XR

My advice is bring it to Apple store, they will give you a free SIM and you can then activate it online there (via boost website).. It was the last number on the iPhone box label which I entered on the website for IMEI. I then entered sim number and it worked.

Doesn’t make sense that you’re having locked phone issues since it’s unlocked. Genius Bar may be able to help.
I was phone less almost 24 hours. Apple got me back.
Good luck!

Accomplice

From your posts above looks like the SIM card might be the issue. You do need a SIM card either from Sprint or Boost that is iPhone XR compatible. iPhone 6 SIM won’t work on the XR.
Accomplice

@SLacroix74
I will go to the Apple store tomorrow and see if they can get it all sorted out for me. I’ve checked the IMEI number on every single cell phone network and it is compatible except for Boost.
Accomplice

The SIM that Apple Store gave me for Boost for my unlocked iphone XR is SIMGLW416TQ. 

That is not the one Boost said I needed either.

I also lost my $25 BYOD Unlimited plan.

Good luck!

@smc2109 wrote:
@SLacroix74
I will go to the Apple store tomorrow and see if they can get it all sorted out for me. I’ve checked the IMEI number on every single cell phone network and it is compatible except for Boost.

Accomplice

@mikerunner
So I’ve been at the Apple store for over an hour now. I returned my unlocked iPhone XR and got the Sprint compatible one and boost is still saying this phone has a lease on it. I paid cash yet again for it.
Accomplice

Wow.  There has to be a technical issue on Boosts end.  Might be time to switch carriers.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Final update — 2 hours at the Apple store and on the phone with a rep from Boost. He said to try a T-Mobile phone and it WORKED!! Finally got my the iPhone XR to be compatible with Boost. Each phone we had tried kept showing up with the financial ineligibility error. So my advise to anyone who has Boost and wants this phone from the Apple store, make sure to get the T-Mobile one and then you can use a Sprint SIM card.
Accomplice

So freaking weird!  It seems that everyone is doing it differently and it is not very consistent.  Anyways glad your nightmare is over!

Accomplice

It really was a nightmare to get this done and I’m so glad the rep at Apple was so patient with me to get this done.
Accomplice

I wonder if this has something to do with the completion of the T-Mobile Sprint Merger that was supposed to be complete by 1stQ 2019?

Also, why is it so hard to activate a phone Boost actually sells? It seems if you purchase the Xr from them, it works fine when you get it and it activates correctly?  Is the unlocked Xr problem because they want you to purchase the phone from them?

The only issue I have with that is (when not on sale) you can buy an unlocked Xr for the same price at BB or Apple, so why buy a locked down phone you must use for a year with a pre-pay service? I don't think its right you are paying the same price and having your phone locked to Boost for a year, and then that's even if they will unlock it for you.

Boost should really post a sticky here on how to activate the phone step by step for everyone so there are no issues.