iPhone XR

Agent

Re: iPhone XR

Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin to verify @smc2109.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I was told the same thing. And to return the phone. They are just idiots. Did Tech Support tell you those things? You have to ask Customer Service (who you get when calling in) to transfer you to Tech Support. Then do what I did from my post.
Accomplice

@mikerunner
Yes I followed your post and made sure to get transferred to Tech Support and to say “device network analysis tool” and they kept telling me it’s not compatible so I then asked for a manager and he told me I can’t activate it because there is money owed on the phone. It makes no sense and I was on the phone for almost and hour and all I got out of the conversation was to go to the Apple store and return it for another unlocked phone. He also told me that he would put a claim in to the investigation department and I would hear back in 48 hours. The agent on this community page told me my phone is actually locked. This is just ridiculous. I did use a credit card and the transaction is still pending on my bank website, could that have something to do with it??
Accomplice

@mikerunner
I went on the Sprint website and it shows that the IMEI for the iPhone is compatible. This doesn’t make any sense since Boost is the sister company of Sprint. Why won’t it work on Boost?
Accomplice

Did you give them the IMEI number (primary, not the IMEI2 / digit SIM)? That is a big point of confusion in the whole process. If you did I found that I simply had to call in enough times to get someone who gave me a proper answer. Boost I think is just a virtual operator on the Sprint network and not controlled by Sprint.
Accomplice

@mikerunner
I gave them the correct IMEI number and got nowhere with them. How many times did you have to call before they were able to activate it? My iPhone doesn’t have a sim card in it, am I able to use my SIM card from my 6s?
Accomplice

No, you must get a new SIM. Apple store has the correct ones. After I got the right one it took 3 mins to activate online.
Accomplice

@SLacroix74
Alright I will purchase a new sim. My issue is with the IMEI on my unlocked phone not being compatible with Boost when it says it is on the Sprint website.
Agent

Hey there, @smc2109! Sim cards are not transferable between phones. If your iPhone XR is an unlocked phone (directly form the manufacturer) you will need to visit this link to check its eligibility: https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone?intnav=TopNavRobot tonguehones:BringYourPhone If eligible, you will need to purchase a SIM Card for unlocked phone at your nearest Boost Store. Here's our store locator, if needed: https://www.boostmobile.com/stores.html

Accomplice

@MarcosG
I’ve already checked on the website and spoke to Tech Support and the phone is not compatible due to financial ineligibility. Doesn’t make sure when the phone was paid in full and brand new at the store. It shows up as compatible on Sprints website and Boost is the sister company to Sprint.