iPhone X delay: VM Spokesperson statement

Go to solution
Highlighted
Not applicable

iPhone X delay: VM Spokesperson statement

I contacted an editor of a prominent Apple-related blog to help get to the bottom of this. (I'll be honest, I had fantasies of a hardhitting expose' where Virgin execs dodged cameras with their faces hidden). He contacted the VM Spokesperson, who replied with this:

"As for the availability of the iPhone X, we have stayed in close contact with Apple since the announcement of the iPhone 8 and iPhone X. We have relayed the timeframes Apple provides us to customers since November and unfortunately, those have changed frequently and also been delayed. I hope that helps."

At least it's not the canned copy-and-paste response that's been parroted repeatedly on these boards. I actually don't think this is B.S. I think Virgin is that impotent of a company that they are no more than an afterthought to Apple and have no muscle to negotiate a legitmate contract that ensures them at least some product. Also, if anyone is blocking them, it's probably Sprint, not Apple (why would Apple distribute phones to all other carriers but not Virgin?).

FYI: I did ask permission to post this before doing so

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Not applicable

Same reason I am still waiting for my phone from Nov. 24th (Black Friday) until now Dec. 14th, because of their rebate offer. If this wasn't the case I would have went straight to Apple or Best Buy and got it in my hands that very day.

Highlighted
Not applicable

$200 Visa Gift Card** --sorry.