iPhone SE question regarding locked/unlocked

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

iPhone SE question regarding locked/unlocked

Does the iPhone SE, as advertised HERE by Boost Mobile, come unlocked and ready to use with other providers? I am specifically looking for it to be compatible with Tello, but buying the device on Boost Mobile.

Thank You

Xavier

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accomplice

Pretty sure all the phones come locked to boost mobile.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Groupie

SOMEONE ANSWERRRRR
Highlighted
Accomplice

Pretty sure all the phones come locked to boost mobile.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager

You're correct @jhoward91.  All new phones come locked to Boost at first but can be unlocked after 12 months of active use on an accoun if paid off (some customers may not be eligible if they're purchasing the phone on installments).  Sorry for the delay @xstarrs but hope this answers your question.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted
Groupie

That also means I am not able to use iphone in the other country (with SIM card from a provider in that country).

Does there exist something like "international unlock" which would be available earlier than in 12 months?

Highlighted
Community Manager

wojtekst3 wrote:

That also means I am not able to use iphone in the other country (with SIM card from a provider in that country).

Does there exist something like "international unlock" which would be available earlier than in 12 months?

Unfortunately, no, @wojtekst3.  The same policy applies to any unlock request, whether it is international or domestic..

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.