iPhone 8 will not activate

Go to solution
Highlighted

iPhone 8 will not activate

. trying to swap phones from Iphone 7 to Iphone 8p, have been trying to activate the phone, went through all steps entering serial, IMEI etc and final page asks me to update my plan. I chose a plan and get a message "something went wrong, try again later". Its been 2 days of trying every method advised.. HELP *I'm an existing customer, formerly with Virgin and remained a customer when Boost took over have not ahd any issues until I bought the new phone from "Boost"

See more topics labeled with:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello! Thanks for letting us know about this. Please send me a private message with your phone number, PIN number, IMEI and SIM card number for the device you wish to activate.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hello! Thanks for letting us know about this. Please send me a private message with your phone number, PIN number, IMEI and SIM card number for the device you wish to activate.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Groupie

Hello. This is Cody Strasser. Ibought an Iphone 8+ from the boost mobile website probably around 07-25-2020. It had quit working factory defect from when i got it. I took it to the boost mobile store on drake road. The guy behind the desk told me to call Apple and get it fixed via the limited warranty through apple since i just bought it. That they don't do stuff like that in the store. . I proceeded to call apple. And they replaced my phone. With this serial # FD2D11NCN1YP I got it in the mail and i tried to activate it that day. Only to be told that its not compatible with your network. You told me to get a new phone. I got that replaced. I have two repair cases through apple.
REPAIR CASE #1 september 10th:D463510765
REPAIR CASE#2 september 18th:D467969420
Apple already did TWO investigations on their end and told me that this phone is carrier locked to boost the head of my case was Tarah from apple senior care advisor.

So i was on the phone with boost mobile tech support they told me they would need to get me a new sim card kit and they guaranteed they would activate it after i got my new sim card kit.
After i got the sim card kit tech support from boost told me they needed to do an escalation on their end to see what happened.
First ticket#2014074738
My current serial # [Edited for Privacy]
So i was on the phone with Apple supervisor and Boost mobile tech support last night and they told me to call sprint because for some reason they said my phone was locked to sprint instead of boost mobile. And i called sprint last night they said they would creat an escalation on their end to talk to apple and boost and tmobile and sprint.that it would be done within 5-7 business days. To see what could be causing this issue. I tried to call again today to get my ticket number and i was told you guys cannot help me and that it had to be activated on your sprint network to unlock it. Also was very unprofessional and hung up the phone call out of nowhere. now they wouldnt unlock my phone told me to contact boost to see about them unlocking it. I am at my wits end with sprint. Boost. Tmobile. All i want is to activate my phone that i have had in my possession for a month and a half or longer now. Ive been hung up on several times. Ive been transfered to LG, to Tmobile to Apple. Im getting a run a round with you guys. All i want is to activate my phone. And for a paying customer to not be able to get this issue resolved and only to be told to get a new phone. To replace it for the 3rd time. That they would like to help but they cant. You guys need to get your crap together to make this right for me. I am very displeased with the way this matter has been handled with your customer service amd i expect to hear a response back from you as soon as possible to get this issue fixed. It is not right how i am being treated and having to call you guys to have no help what so ever. Its very frustrating. I want my money back. Or to activate my phone which was previously running on the boost mobile network. This should not have been this big of an issue .

Just got off the phone yet again with boost. They hung up on me twice today. Trying to call to get the Ticket# for the escalation. They claim nobody ever did an investigation and that they can escalate it for me. Now i know you guys did it. You gave me the ticket number. It started with 101403 i belive. I do not have it. And they keep hanging up on me and not giving me the info that i want. I am completely fed up with this carrier. Please help me figure out why i cannot activate my iphone. Also i would like compensation for the days i was not able to use my phone or my service. Because this is down right wrong.

Thank you hope to hear back from you ASAP
-Cody
I would say this is an urgent matter. Been dealing with this for over a month and nothing has worked.
i also have a SECOND ticket #2016152192 where they told me the same thing and told me to get a 3rd replacement phone. I dont know what im supposed to do at this point in time. I really need any help i can get.

Highlighted
Agent

Good day @Cstrasser  Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing. First, we'd like to recommend to please edit this post, and removed sensitive information like your phone number and order number, since this is a public forum. Now, we'd like to review the situation, and look for a solution. Would you please send  us a private message so we can further assist you?

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message". 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Agent

Thank you. These ticket number 2016152192 was provided by Apple or Boost Mobile?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Groupie

Both of the ticket numbers i provided were from boost mobile escalations. But i do have the paper work for both apple repair cases. And the repair ID# that goes with them
Highlighted
Groupie

I was able to get the ICCID#

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @Cstrasser Please, send it through private message, and edit this post, since this is a public forum.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.