If nothing else works, I request that Virgin Mobile unlock my phone to be used with a different carrier and hopefully it won't corrupt their SIM cards as well. Or even still if there's a way to unlock it so that I can even use it just with WIFI and no SIM card that'd be appreciated.
It is possible that the issues you are having are related to software problems on your phone. Updating to iOS 12.1 and restoring would not solve any such problems if they are related to the restore itself.
You might try the following:
1) back up your iPhone and then reset it to factory settings.
2) then set the phone up as new but do not restore any backup
3) try dialing ##CLEAR# and pressing Call and wait for the carrier reset to complete
4) try doing the service update by dialing ##UPDATE# and pressing Call and wait for the update to complete
5) if you are not then able to make calls, send and receive SMS and use LTE, make an appointment at the Genius Bar if you are near an Apple Store or if not contact Apple Support for assistance.
These steps should either resolve the issue for you or get you to the stage where Apple can advise on how best to move forward.
Hey there, Joshuasche! We can help you with that. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.
You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.
i got exactly 100% same problem like Joshua with my iphone 7 and usef for almost a year! all the same, it started restarting itself out of nowhere, and after reseting as new iphone now i am stuck. can you please help me?