iPhone 6s unlock request for apple warranty replacement

Highlighted

iPhone 6s unlock request for apple warranty replacement

I had an iPhone 6s that was about a month shy of being active 1 year and thus eligible to be unlocked. The phone stopped working and under apple warranty it had to be replaced with a new iPhone 6s. A couple months afterwards I tried to get the phone unlocked but was denied because the new replacement phone has a different MEID number. In my research I discovered the apple carrier lock database keeps the old phone and replacement phone MEID numbers linked so that an unlock on the old would unlock the replacement phone. Denying an unlock request because a phone was replaced under warranty seems to be in violation of the FCC / CTIA prepaid unlocking agreement of which Boost Mobile is a signatory. Can someone please help with my unlock request because I am eligible according to Boost Mobile policy. Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @mpb. We sincerely apologize for this experience. Definitely want to take a look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and IMEI of the phone. 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".