iPhone 6s Pre Owned no warranty why? Don't buy if you hope to get it warrantied.

Accomplice

iPhone 6s Pre Owned no warranty why? Don't buy if you hope to get it warrantied.

I purchased a used iPhone 6s Rose Gold. It came with a bad battery, it says service and will not hold a charge. The box says it has a 90 day warranty but be aware unless you activate the phone they will not warranty it. 

I am not going to activate a phone that will not hold a charge so I have to go to Apple store to pay $29 dollars for replacement for what should be covered under warranty. 

Issue is as given they will not process a warranty for phone that isn't on the account. So if you plan to use the phone for video production, iPOD and it has issues within 30 days oh well. 

The box should state that the warranty does not apply unless you activate that is false claim and should be punishable by law for lying. 

I am a customer of Boost Mobile. Thanks I guess for making me pay for what you should warranty. 

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: iPhone 6s Pre Owned no warranty why? Don't buy if you hope to get it warrantied.

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. Really sorry about the trouble. BrightStar provides 90-day limited replacement warranty (for Pre-Owned phones). Warranty starts on the date of activation. Once you activate the phone, you may call 844-834-5579 for file a claim. 

Accomplice

Re: iPhone 6s Pre Owned no warranty why? Don't buy if you hope to get it warrantied.

The point is you shouldn't have to activate a device to get the proper warranty. The box does not say that is a requirement. I called and they were supposedly raised a ticket to put the phone on my account so I could do the warranty but the next agent basically said they had no idea what I was talking about even when I gave the ticket number. 

That is the real issue, never consistent on who you talk to at your team if you can get a person on the phone that is. Instead of trying to help you again direct me to the same place that isnt helpful. 

Agent

We understand your concerns and we are really sorry you feel this way. In this case, the proper procedure to follow is the 90-day limited replacement warranty to get further assistance. You can reach out the number provided in the previous post. We remain at your service if you have more questions. 

Accomplice

I will pay the cost to replace the battery myself since will not honor warranty. This is just to let someone else know not to make the same mistake as me. 

Accomplice

Wanted to add that I tried my own battery replacement and broke the screen so the phone was basically a waste of time and money so to anyone I guess you have to activate the phone on your account then get the warranty then remove it from your plan so they will actually fix it with the 90 day warranty. Crappy process when you pay for something that has a warranty and you do not want to actually stand by it