iPhone 6 to SE restoring problem

Accomplice

iPhone 6 to SE restoring problem

I am switching from an iPhone 6 to the SE and cannot restore my backup.  I keep getting an error message saying the backup is either corrupt or incompatible.  How am I able to restore the apps, music and photos from the 6?  I am now stuck with basically amounts to a new phone without the items from my older phone (which sadly I cleared/erased in order to activate the SE).  Any help will be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES
Agent

Re: iPhone 6 to SE restoring problem

Really sorry to hear that Nealwm! You may need to contact Apple so they can help you with that issue.

Accomplice

I just ended up reinstalling aops and the like manually after setting up the pone as if there was an initial purchase...just hope this does not happen at the wrong time.   

Agent

Thank you so much for that information, nealwm. We appreciate your business with Boost Mobile.

Highlighted
Accomplice

If you need to restore the backup files from iPhone 6 to your new phone SE. You can use iTunes or iCloud to move the data directly.

Just open the iTunes on the computer, and have a backup of the old phone data, then move the data to SE effectively. Or sign in the iCloud account in the new phone to get data.

Accomplice

An other way is using a phone to phone transfer tool, it is possible to get data from old phone to your new phone.