iPhone 12 Mini "Not Eligible"

iPhone 12 Mini "Not Eligible"

Hello,

Is it possible to activate an iPhone 12 Mini that was purchased from Apple?

I purchased the iPhone 12 Mini from Apple yesterday and wish to swap my account to this 12 Mini. At first, Boost Customer Service said I had to purchase a new sim card, but that the phone would work. When purchased a new sim card, customer service changed their answer: Now customer service claims that I cannot use an iPhone 12 Mini that's purchased from Apple and that I must buy one from Boost. This seems silly as I do not want to return this phone I already purchased AND customer service originally said that I could use the 12 Mini purchased from Apple.

How do I activate an iPhone 12 Mini onto Boost that was purchased from Apple?

7 REPLIES 7

Hello tinywizard. We are sorry. At the moment, iPhone 12 devices from Apple are not compatible with Boost Mobile. You can confirm compatibility of any device online using our compatibility tool at https://www.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone.html. Please tell us if you have other questions. We remain at your service.

Sad to hear that.

Do you have an ETA on when someone could bring their own device from Apple if it’s an iPhone 12 Mini?
Agent

Hi there tinywizard. Unfortunately, not. Please continue to visit our website for future updates. victor21

i asked the person inside the boost mobile store and he said iphone 12 mini will work even if you did purchase it at apple store! just bring it in and he said he needed to put in a new sims card ! i have a old iphone that i want to trade in to apple so thats why idid it this way

which carrier did you go to ?

Did they successfully activate an iPhone 12 Mini on Boost?

For me, customer support first said they could do it with a new sim card. But, after I bought the new sim card, customer support then said it just was not possible.

If it is possible to activate an iPhone 12 Mini purchased from Apple on Boost, please let us know.
Agent

Hi there tinywizard. Not all unlocked phones are compatible with Boost mobile. Please visit www.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone/ and enter your Device ID to check if your phone is compatible with Boost mobile. If so, it will allow you to purchase a compatible sim card for it.-