iPhone 11 not receiving calls

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

iPhone 11 not receiving calls

I was part of the merge from Virgin Mobile to Boost mobile. At the time I had an iPhone 6s. After a bit I upgraded to the iPhone 11 which I bought through Boost. Nothing worked when I first got it. After a week of talking to support i was able to fix my text messages. However, since I almost never get calls anyways I never noticed that I cannot receive calls. I read other posts about having boost turn off VoLTE but they were from 2016 so I am not sure what direction I should take this. Over the phone support has been very confusing. My iPhone 6s WAS able to receive calls before I activated my iPhone 11. I have gone through every support option they had. Including wiping the entire phone. I also had Apple remote into the phone and they said it was a Carrier issue. 

This post is very similar to my situation: https://community.boostmobile.com/t5/iPhone/Unable-to-receive-calls/m-p/138342#M16093

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, JayPearson. Thanks for contacting us. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, please click on any of the social care agent's user names and select the option, send this user a private message. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, JayPearson. Thanks for contacting us. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, please click on any of the social care agent's user names and select the option, send this user a private message. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I am having the same exact issue, except my calls and everything worked fine when I first switched! Now I can’t get any calls, but I can get voicemails! I can call and text just fine, just cannot receive calls! I also had Apple remote into the phone and they said to contact my carrier and have them fix my Call Forwarding (which will not let me turn it off, it just loads and loads; and I never even turned it on in the first place!) If you could tell me how/if you fixed it, please help!
Highlighted
Groupie

I have the same issue!! Not getting any incoming calls. Idk who to contact

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there seh1692. We are able to assist you with this . Please send us a private message with your phone number, pin code, address, and we will look into it. victor21

Highlighted
Groupie

Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options
Then choose “LTE, VoLTE Off”
This fixed my issues.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I had to turn off my VoLTE in Settings, Cellular, Cellular Data Options, then Voice and Data!

That fixed mine!
Highlighted
Accomplice

This only worked for a week for me. Now all calls go to voicemail, again, regardless of the cellular data setting. So frustrating. I'm thinking of changing carriers. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Oh, that’s odd. It still works on mine. Hmm, I’m sorry you’re dealing with it still!
Highlighted
Groupie

I am having the exact same issue with my iPhone SE (also a transfer from Virgin Mobile). I can receive text messages it seems but calls don't come through, and they will only sometimes go through to voicemail. Hoping Boost support can advise me on what to do.

Thanks,

-Thomas