iPHONE IMEI NOT RECOGNIZED trying to activate my iPhone BYOD

Go to solution
Highlighted
Not applicable

iPHONE IMEI NOT RECOGNIZED trying to activate my iPhone BYOD

I have an iPhone that I am trying to activate to use with my current my Virgin Mobile account. It is an iPhone 6 Plus model a1522 and was originally an AT&T phone. 
before I had this phone sent to me, I checked with Virgin Mobile customer service that I could use the phone. Once I received the phone, I installed the SIM card sent to me by Virgin Mobile and set up the iPhone.
AT&T has verified they unlocked the phone, I finished the unlock through iTunes and received the message "Success! Your iPhone has been unlocked" 

After getting this message I called to get it activated to my Virgin Mobile account only to be told that my IMEI number is not compatible. I am totally confused. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, @youbeingme. Thanks for reaching out. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a PM with your phone's IMEI so we can take a look. You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, @youbeingme. Thanks for reaching out. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a PM with your phone's IMEI so we can take a look. You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Thank you, PM sent

Highlighted
Agent

@youbeingme: We have replied to your PM. Please check your inbox.