Xfinity Iphone X and use under Boost Mobile

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

I need to know if my daughter's iPhoneX which is currently under her Ex-boyfriends Xfinity mobile account can be moved to my current Boost family plan. (I know Xfinity uses the Verizon Network).  The xfinity iPhoneX is paid off and the exboyfriend can unlock it but I need to know whether it can be ported/transferred to Boost Mobile before I unlock it. (Or is that possible?)

I entered the IMEID number and Boost said it was not portable but the phone was not unlocked as of yet.

Question: Does the iPhone need to be unlocked to be able to check if the phone will work with Boost?

I know the first step is to have the Xfinity Mobile IphoneX unlocked and see if it is compatible with Boost.

2nd I need to purchase a Boost SIM card to replace the Xfinity card.

3rd need to get the Ex boyfriends Xfinity account number and have him request a PIN to port the number over to Boost, the new carrier.

If anyone has moved their iPhoneX from Xfinity to Boost can you please let me know if it can be done and it so please provide the detailed steps in getting it done.

Thanks In Advance

Agent

Re: Xfinity Iphone X and use under Boost Mobile

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out. Yes, the phone needs to be unlocked to determine whether it is compatible with our service.