When calling out on an iphone 7 "sprint has connected you to

Go to solution
Highlighted
Enthusiast

When calling out on an iphone 7 "sprint has connected you to

Hello. My son has an Iphone 7 and has been on out family olan for years now. On January 9 2019 he was not able to call out. The message appeared and said "Invalid Sim" we had called boost but the issue was not solved. We then took it to an Apple store and had the phone set out to be diagnosed and repaired if needed then sent back. After receiving it, it still said "invalid sim". I went to a boost store to get a new sim but they didn't have any and sent me to sprint. I got a sim card that was compatible. I then took it home inserted it tried to activate it but it said "No Service" so the Boost customer service connected me to the apple division. While on the phone with her she set it up for me to send the phone back out to be looked at again. I received the phone back today put in the sim card from sprint and it still said no service. I took the phone to a boost store and while there he called customer care. I had gotten disconnected from them and he told me to try again later and made sure i had the right number. I went home and waited about an hour called back and the person i was talking to asked if i could put in the original sim car that said "Invalid sim". I did so and at the top it said boost with some bars. He asked me to make a call so i tried and it said "Sprint has connected you to an external operator..... " but just as i was repeating this to the customer care worker we got disconnected again. We have had the phone for about a year. The phone is still under my family plan and has never been disconnected.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN code, MEID/IMEI number of the phone, and the ICCID/SIM card number. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Hi @Sativa1307! Thank you for letting us know about this. We apologize for this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please try a carrier reset which is to dial ##25327# and press the Call button. If that does not solve it, try a forced restart which is to hold the Sleep/Wake and Power buttons together until the Apple logo appears. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

While waiting for it to activate after dialing that number it said no service at the top where it once said boost. The activation failed. Now at the top it says sprint. Tried to call out and i had a male operator tell me that the number or code i have dialed was incorrect but that is not possible because it is my phone. So i force restarted it but now at the top it says no service again.
Highlighted
Agent

We understand, @Sativa1307! In this case, we strongly recommend you to try this procedure then:

1. Tap Phone
2. Tap Keypad if necessary.
3. Enter ##873283# then tap Call.
4. When Starting Service Update screen appears, tap OK.
5. When Service Update Complete appears, tap OK.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I dialed that number and it says starting service update. Then in less than one second it says service update failed.
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN code, MEID/IMEI number of the phone, and the ICCID/SIM card number. 

View solution in original post