Weak signal strength and intermittent wifi

Accomplice

Weak signal strength and intermittent wifi

On my iPhone 6 Plus, it never shows more than 2 bars for signal strength no matter where I am and the wifi works intermittently.  Even when I am in the office with strong wifi, same thing occurs. 

I am in Chicago area so it's not like I'm in a rural area.  Anything I can do?

8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Re: Weak signal strength and intermittent wifi

Sorry to hear that, babyduke. We definitely want to look into this for you. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs? 

Accomplice

It happens everywhere, at work, home, Starbucks, etc etc.  Right now I'm near Algonquin and Elmhurst, 60056

Accomplice

Also the current internet speed here is 60 mbps.

Agent

Thanks for the information. We've checked the coverage of that area and, unfortunately, there's an outage impacting our customers. Please know that our team is investigating this issue and we hope to have it resolved soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Accomplice

Outage?  But it's been the case ever since I got Boostmobile phone.

What about near Commercial and Sanders in Northbrook, IL 60062?  It's ALWAYS spotty.

Agent

Hey there, @babyduke! Thanks for contacting. That specific area is clear. However, since you are located in a place with an outage, we are unable to troubleshoot the phone since it may damage your phone and its reception. 

Accomplice

Ok I am at Commercial & Sanders in Northbrook, IL 60062.  Please troubleshoot why my phone's getting intermittent wifi connection

Agent

We can troubleshoot the issue with your data (signal strength) but not the Wi-Fi since that's an issue with the phone itself, not a service provided by our company. In that case, we recommend you to contact the manufacturer and see what can be done. The manufacturer provides a 1 year warranty on brand new devices purchased through our company. When it comes to your signal issue, could you please let us know how does your phone works when using our data? Is it slow? are you able to call? If possible, could you please send us a private message? We'll do our very best to help!