Virgin to Boost - iPhone 7 Plus - Network issues

Highlighted

Virgin to Boost - iPhone 7 Plus - Network issues

Ever since updating to iOS 13, and now to 14, which is also around the time Boost mobile expanded their network to T-Mobile towers, I have been having serious issues with my iPhone 7 Plus that is in great condition. I started on Virgin Mobile and switched to Boost during the merger. During calls, the phone will connect, but the microphone does not transmit, and the speakers do not put out any audio. The iPhone camera loses its ability to capture photos or take videos. However, I am still able to use LTE data to browse the internet, watch videos, and play music. I've tried going into Settings and Resetting Network Settings. It fixes all of the issues for a small period of time, before the aforementioned effects come back. If I'm in a phone call for a period of time while this occurs, it sounds like heavy radio interference until I end the call. I've contacted support and had a network firmware update, I've restored my iPhone, but the problem persists. A worker at my local Boost store said I would need to buy a new phone, but I'm not sure why the consumer should hold all the burden of expense when they take care of their devices, pay their bill every month, and companies decide to merge. Would a new SIM card from boost fix these issues I wonder? Any helps or insight would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there dylans6597. Thank you for contacting us. The details that you provided, sounds mostly like hardware issues and not software. Changing the sim card will not fix a microphone, speaker, audio, photo, or camera issue. It does sound like you need a new phone. If you have 120 days or more with your current device, you would be eligible for a discounted upgrade at your nearest Boost mobile store. Please visit the following link to find your nearest Boost mobile store: https://www.boostmobile.com/stores.html?intnav=UtilNav:FindaStore