Virgin Mobile iPhone w/Sprint SIM

Go to solution
Highlighted
Not applicable

Virgin Mobile iPhone w/Sprint SIM

Hi, I recently bought a Virgin Mobile iPhone. However, it has a Sprint SIM card. 1. Is this normal and will my phone still work with VM if I activate it now? I contacted Sprint and they confirmed that the device is with a prepaid Sprint service but I don’t understand why it has a Sprint SIM instead of a VM SIM. 2. Do I have to purchase a VM SIM card first before I activate my phone? (If I even can).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru

There is no "Virgin Mobile" sim. There is only a standard set of sims that work on Sprint and its MVNOs.

If you bought the phone from the Apple Store or from Virgin Mobile it should work fine with the sim that is in it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Guru

There is no "Virgin Mobile" sim. There is only a standard set of sims that work on Sprint and its MVNOs.

If you bought the phone from the Apple Store or from Virgin Mobile it should work fine with the sim that is in it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

I got a new phone from the phone insurance group and it is telling me I have service through sprint but I am unable to call anyone. Can you please help me? I've been trying to figure this out for days.

Highlighted
Agent

Hey, carolinegonz95! Let’s do some investigating here. Can you send us a private message with your phone number and pin to verify your account? Thanks!