Useless Birthday Gift

Accomplice

Useless Birthday Gift

Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to read this. My friend bought me a refurbished iPhone 6s from the Boost Mobile web site. However, the web site made no mention of locking the phone to a 12 month plan requirement before it can be used with other carriers. Basically, it renders my birthday gift useless since I use a different carrier.

Please do the right thing and help me unlock the device to be used elsewhere since your web site does not make any mention of this requirement during checkout. Let me know what information you need to unlock the device. I appreciate your help and look forward to your reply.

8 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Useless Birthday Gift

Hey, GuapoRadio. Thanks for contacting us. We do not sale unlock phones. All of our phones are made to work exclusively in our network. Some phones qualify for unlocking this does not guarantee that it can work on other networks. To unlock your device you would need to meet some requirements. The device must be on in the Sprint coverage area with the Boost Mobile SIM card in it. The person requesting the device to be unlocked must be a current or former customer or an individual owner who can provide the phone number and PIN code for the account last associated with the device. The device has not been reported as lost or stolen. The device has been activated at least 12 months and a payment has been made within the last 90 days of that 12-month activation.

Accomplice

Thank you Royt. We understand the requirements. However, the issue is that your web site made no mention of this during checkout. This is very misleading and deceptive.

Please find a solution other than being locked into a service plan. Thank you again for your help.

Agent

Sorry if the device doesn't meet the above mentioned requirements we wont be able to unlock it. For more details about our unlock policy, please visit our Website.

Accomplice

The web site even makes it sound like it can be used with another carrier when it discusses the details of a data plan:

"Data plan required. LTE is available in select markets and through select carriers. Speeds will vary based on site conditions. For details on LTE support, contact your carrier and see www.apple.com/iphone/LTE."

I know you can find a way to help me use my gift. Please find a way to make this right. 

Agent

Sorry, devices that doesn't meet the unlock requirements can not be unlocked. Please know that we have a 7-days return policy if your phone qualifies, you send it back, and will provide a refund. 

Accomplice

I hear you but an unapologetic agent at Boost Mobile informed me that you do not have a refund policy and as a result, it has been beyond 7 days.

Surely there must be a reasonable alternative solution Boost Mobile is willing to consider in this case.

Agent

We're sorry but you have 7 days from date of purchase to return for a refund. After 7 days from the date of purchase, the device will not show up as a selectable line item for a Return Order. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm surprised with how inflexible your company is in this situation so far. I'm afraid this has been one of the most disappointing correspondences with a company that I have ever experienced.

It is very sad to see a company willing to be so deceptive with their marketing strategies and unwilling to assist someone with an honest and reasonable complaint.

If nothing can be done, I doubt I will ever become a Sprint or Boost Mobile customer. Take care.