Unlocking issue with old iPhone Virgin Mobile (USA) 6S

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Unlocking issue with old iPhone Virgin Mobile (USA) 6S

I apologize if this double posts, it appears as if my original post didn't post.  Hello! ~ I called Virgin Mobile technical service last Saturday afternoon to unlock an old Virgin iPhone 6S in order to use with a different SIM (as a backup phone for my parents to use on their network.)  I am the original owner of the phone, and it has been mine for at least 12 months (I bought it in October 2015), and it has also been non-active for at least 12 months (I upgraded phones in March 2016) - I talked to several people in the support chain, and each person asked for Phone #, Account PIN, the IMEI of the phone, and the type of phone.  Each person said it was eligible for the unlock procedure, but had to transfer me to another person to complete it.  After the 3rd person, I was told it was being tasked to the service department, and someone would be contacting me about it.  About 20 minutes later, I got a call from Erica, an account representative, who assured me that the phone was completely eligible for the unlock procedure, but something happened with the servers on Virgin's end and she would "check the serial number tomorrow and get back to me about it" - that would have been Sunday, but I have not heard anything since that call from her on Saturday.  The support ticket number was SD4333691 - could someone please help me out with this?  Is there a code I could enter into the phone to unlock it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

That's great! If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Agent

Hello zglenwright. In order to be eligible to unlock a device, it must have been active for at least 12 consecutive months, having active service on the last month of that 12 month period. Since you mentioned purchasing it on October 2015, and deactivating it in March 2016, it wouldn't be eligible to be unlocked.

Highlighted
Accomplice

That pretty much goes against what everyone I talked to told me, so what would the next step be?  It's a $700 phone I can't do anything with?

Highlighted
Agent

Hello @zglenwright. Please, send us a private message with the MEID number of the phone that you are trying to unlock to further assist you.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hi Lawrence, I think I have this figured out now - the unlock procedure did work over the weekend (apparently), but I never got a confirmation from Virgin that it went through.  Everything seems to be good now with that phone, thanks for the help!

Highlighted
Agent

That's great! If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks!  I will :slightly_smiling_face:  I'll also delete this post in about 10 minutes because I have it solved.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Actually, I don't believe I can delete it - thank you for your help though!

Highlighted
Not applicable

Can you tell me the process for your iPhone unlock?

I switched my iPhone 5 to a 7 yesterday. I called today to unlock my iPhone 5, and instead I was just given an unlock code. I have no clue whatsoever to do with the code. I can't even enter it anywhere, and when I tried to place the t-mobile sim for my dad's phone, it did not work at all!

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi I am having a similar issue trying to activate or unlock an old Virgin Mobile Phone. I would either like to have it unlocked to take to another carrior, or use it on Virgin Mobile. Its is a UT Starcom super slice. It has not been active in the past 12 months, and I have tried to talke to Virgin Mobile support, but no one can help me. 

Thank you so much for your time!