Unlocking Iphone 7

Highlighted
Groupie

Unlocking Iphone 7

I have been on the phone with Boost since last Thursday 8/15th requesting for my daughters phone to be unlocked. She is currently studying abroad and wants to use an International SIM card for service. First they said it wasn't eligible because it had only been active for 8 months. I told them that this device was a replacement device through Boost Insurance for a previous device that had been active since 2016. So on Friday they said yes they would unlock it in 3-5 days. Well nothing happen. So I called back, and the 3rd supervisor I spoke with said they were waiting to hear from Apple. Then the 4th supervisor this past Friday 8/23rd said after talking to the "Backroom" said it would be unlocked in an hour to 2 days. He was going to call me back. Never did. I called yesterday and was told by another supervisor that the case was closed past Wednesday and it's not eligible because it's only been active for 8 months. Which I once again for the 100th time told him it was a replacement device because her previous on had died, and that one had been active since 2016. They're unlock policy states

• Warranty replacement phones will have the same eligibility date as the original device.

. He siad " No it does not." So in other words Boost is not practicing what they state their policy to be. Now my daughter is stuck abroad with no service. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Agent

Don’t you fret, Pgall! We’ll get you all sorted out. Let’s check this thing out. Can you please send me a private message with your daughter's phone number, PIN and IMEI of the device to unlock?  To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".