Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Unlocked att iphone 6

Highlighted
Accomplice

Unlocked att iphone 6

I unlocked my att iphone through the unlock feature on their site using imme. Then I activated on boost site. When I insert boost sim it shows full bars LTE. Then it proceeds to say activation required, so I follow the on screen prompts. This is immediately followed by the device saying invalid sim. If the sim is invalid, then how come it shows it's receiving cell service? I bought the bring your own phone sim kit. This is really frustrating and I have scoured the internet looking for a solution... But it seems there isn't one. It shows my byop iPhone on my boost account page. However, I can't use my cell phone and this is super frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. My device id is listed as a compatible device. Help please!
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Unlocked att iphone 6

Hi, Br4nd0n1234. Did you purchase the SIM card kit?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Yes, I did. I identified the aim out of the three that was compatible with the iPhone and upon inserting, without entering password it shows full bars LTE. Once I enter my SIM it says, "activation required." I tried reformatting multiple times. I also tried using Wi-Fi, iTunes and cellular data to activate, but once I proceed and it implies it will take a while... invalid aim is then shown on the screen.
Highlighted
Agent

Please perform the following steps, with Wi-Fi and mobile data on: Tap Phone.>Tap Key Pad if necessary.>Enter ##873283# then tap Call.>When Starting Service Update screen appears, tap OK.>When Service Update Complete appears, tap OK.>The Radio will reset. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

The problem I seem to be running into is that once sim card is inserted I can no longer get to the phone feature, this is due to it requiring activation. This as previously stated fails with the error invalid sim. I tried removing sim so that I may get to the phone feature, but the call fails when I type in your code. I believe this is due to the sim being removed which causes no mobile data. If I reinsert the sim... I see the full LTE bars on the top until I enter password and I'm forced to try and activate which fails. This replaces the LTE bars with a no service message. Could I possibly be doing something wrong? Why would it show the sim picking up the cell towers, but won't activate? I appreciate your expedited responses and patience.
Highlighted
Agent

The SIM card gives you the LTE access. Please send us a private message with the account phone number, pin code, the IMEI, and the SIM card number. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I was looking for the private message button... However, I only saw reply and comment when trying to send you the info. I noticed you told another user not to post information publicly and I just wanted to clarify how to send it directly to you first. Sorry again about the multitude of questions.
Highlighted
Agent

Please click on any of the social care agents user name and select the option send this user a private message. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

That worked! Thank you for the help and have a great weekend!
Highlighted
Agent

You’re welcome! We remain at your service. Please feel free to contact us if you have any question/concern or if there's anything else we can assist you with. We'll be more than happy to help!