Unlock iPhone 5s

Highlighted
Not applicable

Unlock iPhone 5s

I what to unlock my iPhone 5s, purchased from Virgin Mobile. I was told that only devices that were activated after February 2015 are eligible to be unlocked. Has everyone else found this to be the case?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @Wildcat78. We'll be more than happy to assist you. To unlock a device, it must comply with certain requirements. The device must be active on a Virgin Mobile account for at least 12 months, and a payment must have been made within the last 90 days of that 12-month activation anniversary. For more details visit the following link: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/legal Also, we cannot guarantee that the phone will be able to be used internationally.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi @Joy1713.  How is it best to proceed with unlocking?  Should I contact you, Customer Care at 1-888-322-1122 or someone else?  Thanks for your help! 

Highlighted

Hey there, Wildcat78! Virgin Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:

• The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
  • The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time

If you believe you meet the above requirements and would like to request that your DSU-capable device be unlocked, contact Virgin Mobile Customer Care by dialing 1-888-322-1122.