Unable to receive calls

Highlighted
Groupie

Unable to receive calls

I recently purchased a new iPhone and switched and no longer can any calls.  All calls go to voice mail. 

I am starting to get very frustrated because I am unable to contact support. I keep getting stuck in loops. The only time I was able to talk with them in person, they said the problem would be fixed in 48 hours.  Well, it was not fixed.  I am unable to reach a real person on the phone, and the web site says that I could click on the orange icon to chat with someone.  There is no orange chat icon on my screen, and I can not find another way to open a support ticket.  How to I reach support?

I am at loss as to what to do, other then go with another company at this point.

Problem summary:

- Have had service for many years and multiple devices with no problems (iPhone)

- Originally a virgin mobile customer recently migrated to Boost

- Purchased new iPhone

- Migrated from old iPhone number to new iPhone using web portal 

- Able to make outgoing calls

- Unable to receive any calls all calls go to voice mail

- No visual or audible indications that there is incoming calls

- Receive voice mail alerts after the message is left

- Do not disturb is disabled

- Cell data works fine

- Have reprogrammed the phone per support

- Have restarted the phone many times

Does anyone have any suggestions how I should proceed?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, SeekerAlpha. We'd be happy to help you. Please send us a private message with the account phone number and pin code.

Highlighted
Groupie

I have replied back by private message.  How long till I can expect a response?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Groupie

Were you able to get this issue resolved?

I am having the same problem and have been for over a month. Thus far Boost Mobile has yet to give me a satisfactory response and my phone still doesn't work. I can receive calls if connected to 3G and not LTE, but on 3G everything else runs so slowly it's hardly worth it. Today I was told that maybe the issue could be resolved if I got a new phone (my iPhone 11 is 6 weeks old, purchased directly from Boost)!

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, SeekerAlpha. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the phone. 

To better assist you, please send us a private message.

Highlighted
Agent

Thanks. Just to confirm, is the option Enable LTE turned off? 

Highlighted
Groupie

Hi RossyC-I’m not sure if you’re talking to me or the original poster, but for me-when VoLTE is on my phone immediately goes to voicemail, when VoLTE is off a recorded message says that the person being called is unavailable, when 3G is on I can receive calls, but can’t do anything else on my phone because it runs so slowly.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, jess4. We'll continue assisting you in private.

Highlighted
Groupie

Update:

The first agent I tried to contact never responded back. (Or at least I not able to see responses)

Here is what happened:

My wife was somehow able to figure out how get in contact with a real person using the published phone number after several attempts at calling in.

After she figured out how to talk to a real person here is a summary of the calls:

First support rep hung up on her.  The line went to a dial tone.

Second support rep told her that the problem was with the phone and it would never work.  We needed to replace the phone.  Since we have been trying to fix the problem for over seven days that we could not return the phone and needed to purchase a new phone.

At this point my wife called in and requested a RMA to return the phone (even though it was past the seven days)  so we could go with a different carrier.  This support rep was knowledgeable and instantly know what the issue was when the problem was described.  The issue was fixed in 10 minutes.   From  the way I understand the problem, since the account was on Virgin and then migrated to Boost, the phone was on the wrong network.  The phone was on the "Sprint" network as seen in the upper left corner of the screen.  The phone needed to be on the "Boost" network.  I was impressed by the last support rep.  

I hope this information can assist others that are having issues.

Highlighted
Groupie

Thank you for the update.
Mine has been addressed, but the solution seems temporary and is still not satisfactory. Do you mind sharing what version iPhone you are using? I am using an iPhone 11 and have been told that it is a known issue with this particular model and is being worked on. However, my display also reads Sprint (I am a former Virgin customer as well).