Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Unable to Activate New Phone (Error db_no_data_found_exception-Client.701:IMEI is not found in NMS

Highlighted
Accomplice

Unable to Activate New Phone (Error db_no_data_found_exception-Client.701:IMEI is not found in NMS

Hello,

I have an iphone 6 I need to swap for iphone XS (unlocked), I received the above message and it says my SIM is now locked.  I have active service with Boost.  Please help.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Unable to Activate New Phone (Error db_no_data_found_exception-Client.701:IMEI is not found i...

Hello, @nvismine. Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, not all the unlocked phones are compatible with our service. Did you confirm that the phone is compatible? Did you purchase a new SIM card for your unlocked phone? If you haven't checked this or purchased a SIM card, you can do it here.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Unable to Activate New Phone (Error db_no_data_found_exception-Client.701:IMEI is not found i...

It says it's compatible .i already  have a sim and am actively using it....this is the sim i want to transfer.

Highlighted
Agent

@nvismine: Please note that the SIM card does not carry your service. Our network is CDMA, therefore, the SIM card is only used so the phone connects to LTE. In order to use an unlocked phone, you need a SIM card for unlocked phones that can be purchased online or in-store. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I understand...I am a Boost customer and have active Boost service.....I want to transfer my current SIM to my new phone.

Highlighted
Agent

@nvismin: Your current SIM is attached to your current phone. You need a different SIM card for your new unlocked phone. The fact that you'll be getting a new SIM card doesn't mean that you'll be getting a new number, you can keep your same phone number. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Am I not able to port over my new phone onto my existing SIM?  

Highlighted
Agent

Hello. Thank you for stopping by. You'll need a new Sim Card for the new phone. -Kira_M. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Why do I need a new one?  Why am I unable to use my current one?

Highlighted
Agent

Let's go ahead and take a look. Please send us a private message to further assist you. -Kira_M.