Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

UNLOCK REQUEST

Highlighted

UNLOCK REQUEST

I had previously been a Boost Mobile customer since 2017. Due to service around the area of my home, I was unable to continue my service and had to change to the Sprint service provider.  During my time with Boost, I gifted myself a new iphone XR that I purchased UNLOCKED from Apple. I was not made aware when I activated my new phone nor was I informed of the unlocking policy as if I was, then I would have made the decision to cancel my Boost service at that point in time. I attempted to bring my own device (iphone XR) to Sprint but was informed that BM would not release my phone. I was able to get my same phone number but just not able to activate my phone. When I called requesting to release my phone, I was informed that when I activated my UNLOCKED phone with BM, BM locked my phone under their service. Then I was told that since I activated my device in April, they would not unlock my phone until I have had the service for that device for a year. What sense does that make! Of course I was upset and irate but not to my surprise, they would not help me and was left no other option other than waiting it out. Every customer service experience I've had when calling in to Boost Mobile has been horrendous. Are there any other options? What's the point of being on a month to month service provider if you are restricted to a year service on your activated device!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Agent

Re: UNLOCK REQUEST

Hi there highspeedaf. We would definitely would like to look into this. Please send us a private message with your phone number, pin code, and the phone's IMEI number. Victor21