This device is not eligible to swap.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

This device is not eligible to swap.

Currently, the phone i have on my account is busted and unusable. So i'm trying to swap my service to my iPhone 5s that is also with Boost. However, everything I try, i get the message, "This device is not eligible to swap." Can anyone help me?

167 REPLIES 167
Highlighted
Groupie

Trying to swap device
When I get the imei # in says not eligible to swap.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi Martha3. Thanks for contacting us. We're glad to help. Please send us a private message that includes your phone number, PIN and IMEI #, so we can assist you further. Thanks! ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Highlighted
Groupie

I am having the same problem I bought an unlocked iphone but it says that its not eligible to swap. Am I doing something wrong?
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, allison48. Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. Where was the iPhone purchased? Was it purchased unlocked from Apple or from another carrier? Also, did you check if the iPhone is compatible here? Did you purchase a new SIM card?

Highlighted
Groupie

I think the problem is that I need to purchase a new sim card, because the link shows that my phone is eligible. Thanks for your help!
Highlighted
Groupie

i have the same problem
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I've had my iphone 7 since last year and it broke so i purchased a new iphone se unlocked from the apple store and i am trying to swap devices and it keeps saying device is not eligible for swap

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there erikxtrujillo. Thank you for contacting us. Not all devices are eligible for bring your own. Please visit www.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone/ and enter your Device ID to check if your phone is compatible. victor21

Highlighted
Groupie

Ive had my iphone registered with my account since before the virgin merger with boost. It is only now that I find that the phone registered is not an iphone but a Samsung phone. It still has the same number but i believe it to be a different phone.

Since paying my bill today I have gotten a payment confirmation text BUT it was followed by my phone saying "NO Sim" in the top right and I do not have any service. Where did my money go???

Highlighted
Agent

We definitely want to look into this for you, shyne. Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to further assist you.