Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

This device is not eligible to swap.

Highlighted
Agent

Re: This device is not eligible to swap.

Hi, jonathan2005. Please send us a private message so we  can investigate. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I have an iPhone 8 purchased from the local Apple Store. The Boost page says the IMEI isn't eligible. Why not?
Highlighted
Agent

We understand your frustration, @b00stUser7416, & we apologize for the inconvenience! Because, not all unlocked devices are compatible with our system. A phone designed for one network is not compatible with another network merely by unlocking it as there are other checks that would block it from being compatible (such as if the phone was previously reported lost or stolen). Due to this limitation, some phones aren't compatible. If the device is GSM only, it will not be compatible with our CDMA system. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

It's a new iPhone 8, same phone sold at the boost store. Brand new.
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. However, if that iPhone was designed to work only on carriers that use a GSM system , it would not work on our CDMA system. It would need to be a dual GSM/CDMA device to be eligible. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

It's a model 1863 and is compatible with CDMA.

https://support.apple.com/kb/SP767

Cellular and Wireless

• Model A1863*
    FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 66)
    TD-LTE (Bands 34, 38, 39, 40, 41)
    TD-SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A)
    CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
Highlighted
Agent

We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

Highlighted
Groupie

I’m having the same problem too
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there NinjaSlayer. Thank you for contacting us. Please send us a private message with the details and we will look into it. Victor21 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Ninja, I reset the phone and unlinked from my Apple account. The Boost website still said it wasn't eligible but I went to a Boost store and they put in a SIM card and transferred my service without any issues.