This device is not eligible to swap.

Enthusiast

This device is not eligible to swap.

Currently, the phone i have on my account is busted and unusable. So i'm trying to swap my service to my iPhone 5s that is also with Boost. However, everything I try, i get the message, "This device is not eligible to swap." Can anyone help me?

97 REPLIES 97
Agent

Re: This device is not eligible to swap.

Hi! Let's do some investigating. Please send us a private message with the phone number, pin code, IMEI and SIM card number. 

I'm having the same issue. I had an iPhone 6 swapped while my iPhone 7 was being repaired and now it is saying it isn't available to swap. 

Agent

Hey, @AngRodz! Let’s do some investigating here. Can you send us a private message with your phone number to verify your account? Thanks!

I’m having the same problem. Here’s my mei number: 353abc can u help me figure this out cause it was a lot of money and I don’t want to have to go buy another one

Agent

Hi! Let’s get you taken care of. Can you send us a private message with your phone number to verify your account? Thanks!

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I just purchased an iPhone 7 Plus from the Apple store yesterday 9/25/2018 and I’m having the same issues. Called boost twice and they said no problem we will activate it for you then they told me to call or go to the Apple store. Spoke to a rep from Apple they said this phone was ready to go as I purchased it unlocked without sim from them directly and that I should not have any issues with this activation. I put my boost SIM card inside and it says sim failed and SIM card has locked. What do I do? Do I need a new SIM card from boost? Please help me!
Agent

Hi, @KJRvdio85! Thank you for stopping by. We're sorry to hear that you're in this type of situation. Unfortunately, we're unable to activate unlocked iPhones that were purchased through Apple. The unlocked version of the iPhone 7 Plus that we can activate is the one from Verizon. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Enthusiast

So return this phone and purchase one from Verizon? Why is that might I ask? Because it’s cdma? And is this guaranteed to work? Thank you.
Agent

You don't have to purchase from Verizon, you can purchase from Boost Mobile. Here's the link: 

https://www.boostmobile.com/phones/apple-iphone-7-plus.html