Switching to an unlocked iPhone XR from iPhone 8

Groupie

Switching to an unlocked iPhone XR from iPhone 8

I have an iPhone 8 on boost and I'm now trying to swap it for an unlocked iPhone XR from the Apple Store.  I put my SIM card from the 8 into the XR, but when I put my IMEI number into the website it says "Device not eligible to swap".

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: Switching to an unlocked iPhone XR from iPhone 8

Hey there, @schettler. Thanks for contacting us. Let's take a closer look at this. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, and the IMEI from the iPhone XR.

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Groupie

I too purchased and iPhone Xr and switching for a boost iPhone 6 to it, when I went online it is statin unable to swap. Why is This? I have read on another post here that it is possible and can be done. By having a Tech support rep, reprogram my sim card for the iPhone Xr. Please Advise.

Agent

Hi there, teethree0. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the phone activation. 

We'd like to have a closer look. Please send us this information: 

- phone number and PIN
- MEID/DEC or IMEI for the cell phone
- ICCID for the SIM card 

Highlighted
Groupie

Hello,  Thank you for your fast reply

Agent

Please, make it a private message so you don't post your information in public. Also, we're missing 2 digits for the ICCID.

Enthusiast

I also bought an unlocked iphone xr but i tried to switch it and it is telling me it is incompatible please help

Agent

Hello, Miguelcortez19. We will continue to assist you in private.