Swapped phones not working

Go to solution
Highlighted
Not applicable

Swapped phones not working

My mom has been using her virgin mobile iPhone 4 for years. I recently gave my mom my old vm iPhone 4s. When I tried to activate it, it said the phone was locked. So I closed the browser to try to figure out if my old phone was ready to use. Then she said she wasn’t able to send texts on the phone she was currently using. When I went back to the website, it showed that the 4s was activated. Yet neither phone is working. How long does it take for the service to switch phones?
See more topics labeled with:
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Not applicable

Thank you I do need help with these phone I really need to talk to my mother
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there Coyote1. We are here to help. Please let us know what is the issue you are experiencing. Victor21

Highlighted
Not applicable

I've tried this many times now, and every time I receive the following error message:

"The profile update could not be completed. Please try again later. 

If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Sevice. 

Error: Internal Error (111)"

I cannot call Customer Service because both my new phone is not activated and my old phone is deactivated. I sent an email, and the automatic response indicated that someone would contact be in 24 - 48 hours. Because of the nature of my job, I must be able to be reached by phone. This is beyond frustrating. 

Highlighted
Agent

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @lclemons.  For the changes to take effect, please turn your old phone off, and follow the next steps on the new phone:

If you have an Android device: 

1. Turn Wi-Fi off and Mobile Data on
     - Settings > Wi-Fi > Off
     - Settings > Data Usage > Mobile Data > On
2. From the dial pad enter ##72786# (press "ok" when prompted. For HTC devices, press MENU>RESET)
3. The cellphone is going to update the Profile and the PRL and reboot automatically. That should take about 3 minutes.

If you have an iPhone device:

1. Tap Phone icon.  
2. Tap Key Pad if necessary.
3. Enter ##873283# then tap Call icon.  
4. When Starting Service Update appears, tap OK.

After that, please go ahead and check your service.

Highlighted
Not applicable

I have already tried that twice. Each time it goes through the process and I receive a notification saying "successfully activated." But then it really isn't. I still cannot make or receive phone calls or texts.

Highlighted
Agent

Hi, @lclemons Could you please send me a PM with your phone number, PIN code, and IMEI of the device?

Highlighted
Not applicable

I TRIED DOING THIS AS WELL..SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

Highlighted
Not applicable

tried all the icon # thing said FAILED Ihave no service on either phones. my old iphone 4 that ive had since it came out from virgin mobile phone calls says its roaming. my new iphone 6s plus which ive gotten emails saying my plan has change to the inner circle..i don't have service says IPHONE IS NOT ACTIVATED. ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME. ive written customer and they haven't help any   

Highlighted
Agent

Hi, aliciacabell. We're sorry to know that you're experiencing this issue. We've replied to your private message. Please check your inbox.

Highlighted
Not applicable

I have been having the exact same issue. In fact, I was on the phone for 2 hours with no customer care representative being able to activate the phone. This is beyond frustrating, please help.