Sent damaged preowned phone

Accomplice

Sent damaged preowned phone

Paid expedited shipping for $300 preowned iPhone7. Spent 3 hrs on phone trying to resolve issues. Phone won't turn on. Boost sent a defective phone and now we are forced to wait 2 days to file a warranty claim. Boost, please replace this damaged phone that we expedited for my son's 15th bday gift. He is so disappointed and now untrusting of refurbished, fully tested Boost phones.
7 REPLIES 7
Enthusiast

Re: Sent damaged preowned phone

I received a damaged 6s Plus. It has screen issues that almost render it unusable. I am planning to contact Boost tomorrow to set up its return. It’s extremely disappointing Boost is allowing these damaged phones to be shipped.
Accomplice

That is terrible and unacceptable. Is yours new or preowned?
Agent

Hello! We understand your frustration & are truly sorry for the inconvenience. In this case, you may want to call 1-844-834-5579 to submit a claim. You will be given instructions on how you can return your Pre-Owned phone to receive a replacement Pre-Owned phone via the shipping process with valid claim. The phone and all applicable documentation and/or information will be inspected and validated. On approval of your claim, Boost Mobile or its authorized representative will ship a replacement Pre-Owned phone in accordance with the limited warranty.

Accomplice

I have to wait 2 days to submit the claim. And then wait to receive a replacement in 2018 when people need their cell phones. Boost sent a defective phone. I should be able to return at a Boost store. It is a ridiculous and outdated process. And then I will be charged for shipping after I paid for expedited to receive a defective phone. There is no way this phone was tested the way Boost says it was.
Enthusiast

It’s a pre owned. But a simple test would have shown anyone this particular phone is damaged.
Accomplice

Scotty, I just called again and found out there is a buyers remorse return policy...7 days for preowned, 14 for new. Call and choose #5 other, then 0. Then Technical Support. Keep asking until someone says a refund is an option. Refund takes 7 to 14 days once they receive phone, but we purchased another phone and are sending phone back today for refund. Ask them to pay for shipping.
Accomplice

You have a 7 day preowned return for refund policy. I am not sure why you did not share that.