Questions regarding Switching Multiple Phones from Virgin Mobile to Boost

Highlighted
Groupie

Questions regarding Switching Multiple Phones from Virgin Mobile to Boost

Hello, 

I am looking to switch multiple phones from Virgin Mobile to Boost Mobile into a family plan while retaining our current phone numbers. I am wondering whether or not we will all have to purchase new SIM cards since they are all running off a Sprint. All of these phones in question are also iPhones. This is more of an inquiry of information and I will be making the switch over in the coming weeks.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: Questions regarding Switching Multiple Phones from Virgin Mobile to Boost

Hi there, bcauley. Thanks for contacting us. 

You can bring the numbers over, but the cell phones can't be activated if they are Virgin Mobile cell Phones. 

Groupie

I was under the impression that a phone cannot be locked to a single carrier. One iPhone was purchased unlocked directly from Apple and was later activated onto Virgin Mobile. The others in question were purchased from Virgin Mobile’s online store. There is absolutely no workaround for something like this?
Agent

Unfortunately no. The unlocked one could be activated, as it's not locked to the carrier. 

Groupie

So ordering Boost Mobile SIM kits for the other phones will do no good? Is there any kind of process in place to get these Virgin Mobile iPhone unlocked? It seems pretty fishy to pay retail price for the iPhone up front only to have a provider tell me what I can and cannot do with it.

Hey there, bcauley! That's correct, unfortunately we are not able to activate Virgin Mobile devices. We apologize.