Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Pre-owned Experience

Go to solution
Highlighted
Not applicable

Pre-owned Experience

Hello, I'm thinking of getting a prreowned phone with virgin mobile and i wanted to see what the expereiences have been for those who are currently using a pre-owned phone. Are the pre-owned phones certified? would love to hear from you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Pre-owned Experience

I say get the phone and if you feel it’s not worth it send it back your u are covered for a full refund for 14 days. And as for software both phones should be identical but the hardware in the iPhone 7 is a dramatic upgrade vs the 5c

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Not applicable

Pre owns are not certified. Called virgin and placed an order for a pre owned IPhone 7. I had a promotional code which the rep said was applied and it was not. Was charged extra and virgin couldn’t just refund me 50$ they had to ship the phone and then have it shipped back in order for me to get a refund that won’t hit my card till the end of the month. So after that order was cancelled I then went and ordered a phone using the site. Finally get the phone it was actually really clean. The battery is terrible though which seems to be common amongst the third party company that deals with the pre owns. I have to charge the phone 3 times a day. I would but a claim into the company but 1 it’s a gamble and 2 it’s a headache. There. Are pros and cons
Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback. I was planning on getting an iphone 7 myself since I've had a virgin mobile 5c for a while and the battery is pretty terrible too. If it's clean and runs smoothly then i wouldn't mind charging once or twice day, like you said there are pros and cons. Thanks again for the response and if you could let me know how the software is working for you it wouldbe greatly appreciatd

Highlighted
Not applicable

I say get the phone and if you feel it’s not worth it send it back your u are covered for a full refund for 14 days. And as for software both phones should be identical but the hardware in the iPhone 7 is a dramatic upgrade vs the 5c

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

I've owned my Preowned iPhone 6s for about two weeks now and thus far my experience has been just fine. The phone came without any visible damage and functions as new (battery seems fully functional). However as far as I know the phone is not "certified" refurbished, only refurbished to meet virgin mobile's expectations. Therefore your milage may vary. 

Highlighted
Not applicable

How many times can you send it back if you are not satisfied? I am thinking of going with preowned as well
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, kissfan4! The Pre-owned phones come with a 14 days 100% money back guarantee and a 90-day warranty.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Do the pre owned phones come with headphones and charger
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @Mikayla2102! We hear you! For instance, if you are referring to the iPhone 6s, this is what's in the Box:

•iPhone 6s Pre-owned

•Lightning to USB Cable
•USB Power Adapter
•Documentation

Thanks!

Highlighted
Not applicable

I ordered iPhone 7 Pre-owned. I got only Charger but not headphones. Also, the charger is not Apple Brand!!!

I called Customer Support to find on "Unlock Policy", each time the customer service executive is sharing different informtion. Someone was saying Pre-Owned phones are unlocked from day-1, other was saying you can unlock phone after 14 days of activation and one was saying you have to be with Inner Circle account for 12 months to get it unlocked.

Very Poor Customer Service! I am scared to move along!!!