No visual voicemail with replacement iPhone

Accomplice

No visual voicemail with replacement iPhone

I recently upgraded from an iPhone 5S to an iPhone XR.  Since then, visual voicemail is MIA.  I found this article:

https://devicehelp.virginmobileusa.com/scenario/iPhone_X/Virgin_Mobile/en/Set_Up_and_Access_Visual_V...

However, at step 3 I just see a box that says "Call Voicemail".  If my account has been DE-provisioned for visual voicemail, how do I re-provision it?

8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Hi there! You can call the voicemail by pressing and holding the number 1 on your keypad. 

Accomplice

That response is not relevant to the question I asked.

Agent

We understand. The Visual voicemail works along with your standard voicemail. All of our accounts include the voicemail and it can not be removed. Once you call the voicemail using the number 1 on your keypad, you can verify if your voicemail is accessible. If your standard voicemail is working properly, next you would have to check the subscription to the Visual Voicemail from the settings within the voicemail app. Did you mean that your new phone does not have the visual voicemail installed, or that it is not working as it should?

Accomplice

Yes.  Voicemail is accessible.  

I did not use a separate Visual Voicemail app on my iPhone 5S, nor do I see such a thing on the Apple app store.  Please advise.

Agent

It is currently not available for download. Is the phone that you are using an unlocked device, or was it purchased on our website?

Accomplice

Thanks for the reply.

This is an unlocked device purchased from Apple.

Agent

I see. Unfortunately, Not all services may work with unlocked phones, including domestic roaming, hotspot, MMS, some browsers, or eCare applications (such as the Virgin mobile app, or the visual voicemail). At the moment we are unable to install our apps on unlocked devices, even though some may download them automatically.

Accomplice

This makes no sense.  I've been a customer for years.