No Data - No Cellular Service for 24hrs

Go to solution
Highlighted
Not applicable

No Data - No Cellular Service for 24hrs

my iphone 5s has been without data or voice calling for over 24 hrs.   It constantly says it's searching for service.

Wifi still works.   I've checked my bill is paid in full, I've checked for service outages and I find no reports in my area.  I've rebooted my phone many times, updated my software, reset the network settings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru

You have done a lot of work here!

The problem is clear--you have no carrier profile. 

Under carrier it should say Virgin 29.0.1.

Try the following to do a carrier reset and service update.  That is what you are able to do from your side.

https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/articles/205428688-Completing-Activation-for-an-iOS-10-and-up-device

If it does not work you will need an agent to have your account reprovisioned on the backend.

Virgin Mobile agents have "Social Care Virgin Mobile" avatars and when the mouse hovers over the avatar the word "agent" appears.

A PM can be sent by clicking on the avatar which opens up the Profile page where the option to send a PM is visible.

Agents can also be contacted on Facebook or Twitter.

Good luck, hope you have service back quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Guru

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201415

See if the above link helps.

Did you recently update the iOS version?

Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks Madra31, I'd seen the apple support link looking at a previous community posts and have followed the trouble shoooting steps without resolution.  

iphone software.PNGnetwork screenshot 2.png

Highlighted
Guru

You have done a lot of work here!

The problem is clear--you have no carrier profile. 

Under carrier it should say Virgin 29.0.1.

Try the following to do a carrier reset and service update.  That is what you are able to do from your side.

https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/articles/205428688-Completing-Activation-for-an-iOS-10-and-up-device

If it does not work you will need an agent to have your account reprovisioned on the backend.

Virgin Mobile agents have "Social Care Virgin Mobile" avatars and when the mouse hovers over the avatar the word "agent" appears.

A PM can be sent by clicking on the avatar which opens up the Profile page where the option to send a PM is visible.

Agents can also be contacted on Facebook or Twitter.

Good luck, hope you have service back quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

I had to wipe my phone,

do a full factory reset,

try to acivate the phone repeatedly for several hours (SIM card error was preventing activation), - taking out the sim card and reinserting multiple times may have helped,

then recover my icloud account without a verification code since my iphone that I setup the icloud trusted recovery option method with wasn't receiving the verification code texts - Apple says could take 24 hrs...

But the phone is finally working now - Calls and Texts are working, and I'm back on network!.

Thanks